Dialogs.tra has ALL the dialogs?

Immortality

Ive a friend who said he translated the mod and needed some proofreading. Ive downloaded Amber and checked the two tra inside the english folder, and i cant believe those are the whole dialogs! In the mod page at G3 it reads:

A summary of Amber's features:

extensive and involving interaction with the PC and other NPCs; conversations, banters and interjections

optional player-initiated conversations

special interjections, banters and more for Underdark

potential for a romance with a suitable male protagonist (or Player 2 in a multiplayer game) or a non-romantic friendship with non-eligible protagonist

multiplayer-friendly flirt pack with both Amber-initiated and player-initiated flirts

a romance conflict with Viconia, Jaheira and Aerie

3 mini-quests with copious dialogue complete with new areas (edited from original game areas)

new items, some more useful than others

but in the dialogs.tra file i only see some journals entries and very basic party interaction... i see no flirts or interjections or interactions with other NPCs...

Im unsure now if this summary of features is for future features or all the dialogs are not in those tra files...

Thanks!

Ive a friend who said he translated the mod and needed some proofreading. Ive downloaded Amber and checked the two tra inside the english folder, and i cant believe those are the whole dialogs! In the mod page at G3 it reads:

A summary of Amber's features:

extensive and involving interaction with the PC and other NPCs; conversations, banters and interjections

optional player-initiated conversations

special interjections, banters and more for Underdark

potential for a romance with a suitable male protagonist (or Player 2 in a multiplayer game) or a non-romantic friendship with non-eligible protagonist

multiplayer-friendly flirt pack with both Amber-initiated and player-initiated flirts

a romance conflict with Viconia, Jaheira and Aerie

3 mini-quests with copious dialogue complete with new areas (edited from original game areas)

new items, some more useful than others

but in the dialogs.tra file i only see some journals entries and very basic party interaction... i see no flirts or interjections or interactions with other NPCs...

Im unsure now if this summary of features is for future features or all the dialogs are not in those tra files...

Thanks!

Since there are likely to still be some bugfixes and additions made to further versions (and we didn't really think anyone would be interested in translating such a huge amount of text), Amber has not yet been traified, meaning that the only things that are in the two .tra files are the strings used in scripts (and in WeiDU commands used in the dialogs, such as the Journal related ones). All the dialog itself is in the .d files. If someone really thinks he or she is up to translating the whole thing, we would be grateful if they contacted us.

Rest assured that the content is there; all 116 000 words (over 300 standard pages) of it.

The decision not to traify Amber was a conscious one and also due to the fact that we want to be aware of any translation projects of Amber, if only to set up some basic QA procedures and to avoid multiple competing translations into the same language. Because we actually do care about the text we have written for the mod and want to make sure any translations of the mod would reflect it, we were hoping that any potential translators would contact us to discuss the translation project and to have us deliver the tra file to them (along with any possible updates and additional material, some of which is already done for version 2).

We do not presume to think that our text has any higher literary value or that all of it is even any good, but there is a lot of subtlety involved in some of the dialogues, where a careless translation (or a slight misunderstanding by a translator) could easily change the meaning of what is said quite significantly. This would be especially true if someone were to merely take the .tra files and translate them as separate fragments of discourse without looking at the flow of the conversation in the dialog files themselves. As an (ex-)professional translator, I am all too aware of the various problems and pitfalls involved with such a translation, and that necessarily makes me extremely wary of taking such an endeavour lightly.

Archived