If your Bishop's Romance stopped....

If flirts dissapeared, most probably you've said (or done) something that stopped the romance. These options are not numerous, but it happens. In particular, don't slap him around too much, though, I know, he's asking for it. If that happened and you actually want the romance to continue:

Check if your P#BishopRomanceInactive Global in the MyDocuments/ NeverwinterNights2/ Saves/ YourLastSave Globals.xml does not exist or re-set it to 0 if it is at 1.

If this Global does not exist or equals 0, and romance is still not running, give me a shout back and we'll troubleshoot further.

I just installed this today and I haven't been able to get it to work. I don't have P#BishopRomanceInactive anywhere in my last save file. How would I go about adding that in?

If the romance is not running at all, the first thing to check if your un-rared the file in the My Documents/NeverwinterNights2 folder's Override or the Atary/NeverwinterNights2 folder's Override.

It HAS to go in the Atari's Override unlike the 'regular' mods, because it modifies the OC.

If you don't have the RomanceInactive, that means you have not done anything wrong.

Can you expand on the nature of your problem if it's not the issue above ie installed in the wrong Override or you did not un-rar the file.) :)

I un-rared the folder into the right one, I think. It isn't in the My Documents one. But when I originally installed the game I put it in the Games folder, not the Program Files. Would that make a difference? And I put the whole folder BishopRomance in there, should it have been broken down? I just tried taking it out of the Overrides folder and putting it back in but still no luck, I just can't get any options to flirt with him.

No, that shouldn't matter. As long as it is in the Atari Override folder, it should work. Also, as long as it is un-rared it should be fine, it can remain in a folder.

Have you seen any content at all yet, ie did he comment on the first convo you initiated with him and paid for his thoughts, or you've gotten any additional options to reply to him in the Flaggons?

I've talked to him the first time around and paid for his thoughts. Been through Ember and I'm now at the Githyanki Base. Haven't had any options any of the times I've talked to him. Am I just being too impatient? I was reading the .doc and it said that there was something during the initial convo and after giving the boy his knife. But maybe those just didn't trigger? I'll try playing through the game a bit more and see what happens.

No, the content consistently doesn't trigger, so it looks like the files are not over-writing stuff properly. The only time I have seen it so far was when the installation was wrong.

Do you happen to have a save either before going to Flaggons before he joins in or prior to saving Shandra in Gith base? Those saves will help you test your installation the easiest. In the Flaggons, you should be able to see PC's answers to some of his barkstrings. In Gith Base, there will be additional subdialogue with Shandra after he invites her to bed him.

Can you, perhaps copy-paste for me the path to your BishopRomance Folder that will show up in the browser window if you open the folder? (If you don't want to do it on the forum, just PM it to me).

Edited by Domi

Well, the only saves I currently have are before I entered Blacklake district for the first time and the one I'm at now, which is just outside the Gith Base.

Here's the location where it's at: C:\Games\Atari\NWN2\Override\BishopRomance

Okay, if you have a pre-Blake Lake save (please, keep it until we make it work), then your trial point can be the Gnomish Artist. Bishop should interject where the Gnome praises Shandra's unearthly beauty.

If he doesn't then by whatever reason the Override doesn't work. Try placing it into the other Override as well, to see if it helps.

Which version of the game are you using? (I keep living in fear that Obsidian updates one day to prohibit OC editing).

Edited by Domi

I have v. 1.11. The pre-Blacklake save I have is before I even have him in my group so I guess the only thing I can do is keep playing until I get to that scene with Shandra at the Gith base. I'll put it in the other Override folder, and get back on here after I've made it that far.

Jackie, if it's before he joined the party, you can return to the Flaggons from it and check if the barkstring additions show up (juist go through the whole offensive cycle and see if your PC gets any come back options).

I will test on 1.11.053 or whatever I have tonight to see if your problem is local.

Well, as soon as I got to rescuing Shandra it kicked in. Not sure exactly what the problem was though. I still have that save from before he was in my party if you'd like me to check on that? I'm not sure exactly what you mean though, so you might have to talk me through it.

Heya, so the romance is there, you don't have to double back (unless you want to see PC's comments.) Basically, when you see him in Flaggons before he joins the party, he has a few typicla smart-ass remarks to the female PC who'd talk to him, and I added come backs for the PC to some of them. It's not much, really.

You probably haven't triggered the previous dialogues because you moved the party or something like that. It helps sometimes to let party cool down for a few seconds after the dialogues that have Bishop's reactions to them. unfortunately, the only reliable dialogue triggers in NWN2 are the area triggers, and since I can't modify the areas I have to use the 'second best'.

I hope the rest of the mod is trouble-free for you.

Edited by Domi