The EET progress?

czacki

Hey,

I'm having a really hard time finding something on the Enhanced Edition Trilogy progress... I know there's no ETA (duh) but some info would be golden <3

help out, dear modders :)

EET is something I'm dying to have. Once you go "one game", there is no turning back. At least for me :)

Well, you could read this and the few other K4thos posts and you'll see that the EET is almost done. It will only be out officially when the Adventure Y is out... or after that, but it's in a playable state, there's still the water effect bugs... but that's hard to fix, but I would say you can live with it. Until it get's fixed.

So, how long should I wait to start a megamod installation after Siege of Dragonspear has been released?

I suppose that every mod has to be converted to EET and this might take a while (+ there being constant patches fro mthe devs).

So, how long should I wait to start ...

How about 0.00000... 0001 seconds.

You know, without a failure, there's never a success.

The EET of course needs an actual release, as it's hidden in the Github and so on... and all that, but that's just minor issue on the way out. The BWS needs update nad things.

Now, if you are asking "How long will I have to wait until ... is expected to be install-able with EET and be compatible with everything else, then no one will be able to answer that, cause who knows ... there could be a Replicator swarm swallowing the Earth tomorrow. So your bet is as good as mine.

:rolleyes:

Well, it's 18.25 years since the BG1 came out, so I would figure it... to be. Unless the replicators come. :p And then we just teach them to throw dice nad we have an actual opponent to throw bad video game puns.

And so that the topic is not totally out of date, the Adventure X is the BG:Siege of the Dragonspear.

Do we know if Siege of Dragonspear will be a seperate addon like ToB or if it will be integrated into the main game of BG1?

If what we saw on the stream video of the even holds true, it's a complete separate game... it's price point would also put it there too, 19.99 puckaronies. For the standard edition.

The Standard Edition package includes the Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

But this is of course just a guess on my part.

Does Weidu v239 recognize "GAME_IS ~eet~" ?

Will EET include SoD? I know Weidu isn't going to support "GAME_IS ~sod~" until v240... and that probably won't be ready on the 31st.

My mods will be ready to go on March 31st... but generally, I would advise patience. There's particular danger with older mods that are not being actively maintained right now...

Does Weidu v239 recognize "GAME_IS ~eet~" ?

Yep, the 238 did already. :p

Danger smanger... If it's not compatible, the weidu.debug will tell you that the mod doesn't install and no changed were made and so forth. So what ? That's not dangerous.

Yep, the 238 did already. :p

Ouh, I forgot to tell you, that because of this the old fl#ADD_KIT_EE patch function doesn't work in EET, cause it needs a patch in the line that identifies the GAME_IS ... but that's just such a small thing.

Dangerous for the hopes and dreams ...

You might wish to check that optimism with the hover car and rocket jetpack at the entrance.

So, how long should I wait to start a megamod installation after Siege of Dragonspear has been released?

I think it's safe to assume that it will take 2+ years for mod authors to support SoD/EET. There is a long road ahead of us and maintaining BG-related stuff becomes more and more complicated, time-consuming and weidu-god-like-skills demanded ...

Archived