SR V4 Beta 15

Yeah, SRR already has your basic idea of Haste & Improved Haste with the exception of casting speed. Decreasing casting speed is *insanely* strong. I've always felt weird about IR's Metaspell amulet because of it - it's so weird to get such a strong amulet so immediately in the game. This would definitely be something you'd have to test, and my guess is that it would strongly benefit the player more than AI in 99% of cases. However...it wouldn't hold a candle to the original Haste opcode still (which was mega broken IIRC), and it is kind of unfortunate that for pure mages, SR's Haste isn't currently of too much use. I would recommend the basic changes you suggested, but would strongly advise caution on doing anything with casting speed for the time being.

@Jarno: I don't think it's possible to do a "only up to 6 creatures"-type AoE projectile, though it is possible to make it apply to only party members. I don't think it's necessary if the spell only grants move speed bonus and +1/2 ApR and nothing else, especially when no other AoE buff has that sort of targeting, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Jarno: I don't think it's possible to do a "only up to 6 creatures"-type AoE projectile, though it is possible to make it apply to only party members. I don't think it's necessary if the spell only grants move speed bonus and +1/2 ApR and nothing else, especially when no other AoE buff has that sort of targeting, though.

It's simple in EE through the projectile:

Offset 0x200: BIT15

Offset 0x244: 6

Offset 0x246: 1

Hits 6d1 targets.

Decreasing casting speed is *insanely* strong.

How so? (IA cheese excepted, of course. Or is it just down to IA cheese?)

It just makes spell interruptions so much rarer in my experience. AI is already bad enough at causing them - with Haste granting another +1, yikes.

@Jarno & kjeron: Alright, I stand corrected.