Stats and Such

CamDawg

Alright, the current idea for a portrait is (hopefully) posted below.

TabiyaM.jpg

Her bio:

When asked about her past, TABIYA smiles radiantly, her amethyst eyes sparkling with happy memories.  She relates that she was raised by her father, a paldin of Sune Firehair, in a chapterhouse of te Brothers and Sisters of the Ruby Rose, an order dedicated to promoting love and beauty.  Tabiya grew up the pampered darling of the Brothers and Sisters, and spent many years training to join the order.  A note of pride enters her voice when she mentions that she was chosed by Sune herself to serve as a paladin, following in her father's footsteps as the fulfillment of her life-long dream.  Tabiya's ready smile falters a moment as her fingers brush across the three faint parallel scars upon her cheek, seemingly of their own accord.  Hesitating a little, she states that she has nothing more to say at the moment.

The stats:

Strength: 15 (You can't be a wimp to wear heavy arms and armor)

Dexterity: 16 (She's young and agile)

Constitution: 12 (She's not the most hearty person, but not below average)

Intelligence: 11 (Neither brilliant nor a dolt)

Wisdom: 15 (Being raised among the order has imparted a measure of their wisdom)

Charisma: 18 (She's quite charming, and Sune's followers are quite the vain lot besides)

Total: 87

I know that's a touch on the high side, but I can't justify lowering anything in particular by much.  I'm always open to suggestions, however. :D

The only thing you may wish to double check for stats is the Constitution (I am thinking it may need to be 13, but I could be wrong), but everything else looks fine to me.

This is one of those debate questions...how much is too much?  Remember, 9-10 is considered average...(and I usually consider 11 average as well...) so anything over 11 is already better than normal.

Amethyst eyes, sounds cute!  I think the stats are too low.  Whenever I made a standard Undead Hunter Paladin (without any cheating) I've managed to have, at least, 90 points, sometimes one or two more to play with.  (I understand that she doesn't have a God's blood in her veins, but still!) I also think her strength needs to be at least 17, remember the weight of Full Plate and heavy swords etc.  Just my 2 cents.  :D

I think the stats are too low.  Whenever I made a standard Undead Hunter Paladin (without any cheating) I've managed to have, at least, 90 points, sometimes one or two more to play with.

Yes, but the game cuts you a lot of slack by always making sure you have the minimum stats required to meet your selected character class requirements. Do not let the convenience features of the engine convince you that 90 is somehow average.

I wouldn't worry about the strength... there are three girdles and the ogre guantlets, and you can get two of these items in chapter two. Her current strength is enough to wear full plate, so I'm not worried. :D If anything, I might prefer a point or two of dexterity get moved to constitution.

Important Question!  Tab-EE-ya or Tab-EYE-ya

TAB-ee-yah. :D

As far as stats go, I'm quite flexible with them. I *may* up her con a point or two, but paladins already tend to be statistical powerhouses, and I'd like to avoid that, if possible. :D

Don't lower her DEX! It will lower her AC, and as a front line fighter she needs it to be as high (or low, I get mixed with NWN and don't remember which is where :D) as possible. If I remember correctly, there is a belt somewhere which has a "set CON to 18" once a day ability (Valygar was carring it around in my game - it may be a ToB item, however) to take care of her Hp if you think her frail.

Her portrait is nice, but not done in the BG style - I'm always whinnying about this :D - why not ask permission to use Keira Knightley's portrait from this site http://www.karwal.dk/portraitportal/ and add the required 3 scars? :D

My two cents, anyway.

Guest Nosuchthings
Don't lower her DEX! It will lower her AC, and as a front line fighter she needs it to be as high (or low, I get mixed with NWN and don't remember which is where :)) as possible. If I remember correctly, there is a belt somewhere which has a "set CON to 18" once a day ability (Valygar was carring it around in my game - it may be a ToB item, however) to take care of her Hp if you think her frail.

Her portrait is nice, but not done in the BG style - I'm always whinnying about this :undecided: - why not ask permission to use Keira Knightley's portrait from this site http://www.karwal.dk/portraitportal/ and add the required 3 scars? ;)

My two cents, anyway.

Gaal, the priest of the Unseeing Eye has the constitution belt. I really hope this mod will be released...

Archived