Portraits and Various and Sundry Materials

cmorgan

That is NICE!

:)

Kath Stonedog

:suspect: I'm glad you like it.

Hmm, Ioan Gruffudd drives me wild, but I don't like a beard on him. I prefer his Horatio Hornblower image.

Absolutely agree with you! I definitely prefer him as Horatio. I just happened to have made this portrait, so it was ready to go. I can try to make a BGII style Horatio portrait if you like. Otherwise, I have a sans beard one for the portrait I already did.

Yes, he really is a fine example of a Prettyboy!

I think I might like that (the Ioan Gruffudd without the beard). But make sure that you keep the one with the beard, because I'm sure that cmorgan likes lots of options.

I don't know about that whole prettyboy thing. When I think of that, my thoughts run more toward Henry Cavill than Ioan Gruffudd, but tastes are as diverse as people are.

And while you're at it, I wouldn't mind a portrait based on H. C. ... not that I'm pushy, or anything...

OK, so I'm a lech.

Anyway, at this point, I doubt we could find our way back to the original topic with a map. It really is embarrassing to be carrying on with post derailment like this. :suspect:

So I think you're saying that you like him with the beard? :) (I do too, for this portrait, anyway) But yes, cmorgan could use both versions. (Assuming he even wants to use any :suspect: {sorry about that, didn't meant to be presumptious} But yes, if he does, he is welcome to both beard or no beard)

And while you're at it, I wouldn't mind a portrait based on H. C. ... not that I'm pushy, or anything...

Oh my goodness, yes! I just watched Tristan and Isolde for the umpteenth time yesterday. And I actually have used his pictures in BG before, but haven't tried to make it fit in with the style. I will definitely try to make one! I'm sorry to get off topic, it was totally my fault. I'll stop now. (but I will run away to see what I can do with Mr. Cavill ... portrait-wise)

I'll get it sorted out this weekend (the posts sorted, I mean, and split off into related "chunks") - I really am happy to have folks choosing some options. the dude can be set up for four separate base stats, ready for dual-classing into the four basics or any other; as a companion, he is supposed to be a configurable support-role guy. It only makes sense to have multiple options for what he looks like. The what he sounds like - well, that is a different matter. Tough to do multiple voice sets. Possible, but awkward, and very definitely difficult to get done even if i hire out one and do the second myself.

Hey, it never sucks to have people be enthusiastic about your mod. :)

Regarding portraits, KathStoneDog likes beards. I don't.

Regarding voicing, with as popular as Aran promises to be, I don't anticipate much trouble recruiting a second (or a third) voice actor for free. Who wouldn't want to be known as the "voice of Aran"? After Aklon, he's probably the most lusted-after in-development NPC out there. :suspect:

Hmm, Ioan Gruffudd drives me wild, but I don't like a beard on him. I prefer his Horatio Hornblower image.

Oh, yes please!!! Horatio fanlady here. (Of the books and the tv movies with Ioan.) He's not too prettyboy. I also have a crush on Captain Pellew (Robert Lindsay). Although Mr Lindsay is probably a little too 'weathered' for a portrait of Aran. :suspect:

Grew up on the C.S. Forester books - I.G. did a great job - but I have to say the best dude who is the kind of guy who you can see tearing through a battle line as a leader for me is Captain Aubrey.

I haven't read the books that Master and Commander is based on, (I'll need to remedy that) however I did enjoy the movie and Russell Crowe did a good job as a believable, capable and intense Captain.

I respect the guys acting skills immensely but I find it hard to take him seriously as any type of love interest.(So no portrait request here, although he certainly has an appropriately weathered look.) Also Mr Crowe can do thuggish/mean and yet still charismatic really well if you've seen the movie Romper Stomper.

Still derailing, because I don't know where else to post this yet...

berelinde: I had to use Tristan and Isolde H.C. because he has facial hair in everything he has been in. So I just 'shaved' it. (I tried to remove his Tutors facial hair, but it was nigh impossible) The result is that he looks pretty young here and might not be right for Aran. If you prefer I can try to weather him a bit more. But I don't know exactly what you were looking for. (And I haven't forgotten about a Horatio one, I will try to do that this weekend)

cmorgan: If any of these would be useable, have at 'em. (Also, I agree with you on the C.S. Forester books, they are excellent :suspect: )

Okay, I finally realized how to be able to show these.

4628582790_3027613df8_o.jpg4628614214_c96583dd2b_o.jpg4628582908_b13af89585_o.jpg

He was clean shaven in The Count of Monte Cristo (James Caviezel :) ) but that was before Tristan & Isolde so he was even younger back then... And I wait with baited breath for the Horatio alternate.

Ah, that's right! I forgot about that film :suspect:

Okay, here's the Horatio version. And Don Pedro.

4629678384_721359da7f_o.jpg4629301607_f7d4ff4136_o.jpg

Guest Snooper

Hi--I am just nosey and gate-crashing--

cmorgan this mod looks like it will be amazing!

McMazey--I love that there are so many options; probably because we have similar taste in lovely men! I have always liked Don Pedro! But my favorites here are the first two. (Yum!) That's the costume and look that works best for me, and I even like the beard, because of the age/experience of Aran.

So thanks you for sharing your artwork!

Archived