BG2: Problems and bug reports

DeathAngel

Guest MiLeah

Thanks Berelinde for the link, cause, yea, my next question would have been "How does ye do a clean install?". Now that that's answered, I think I'll test out a few things (One being the clean install) before bugging you any further. Actually, after having this conversation I was given a few ideas that I'd like to test out. Alright, off to go test some stuff. Hopefully it'll work and you won't have to look over the save game on the weekend.

But thanks again for all your help thus far!

Guest MiLeah

Alright, I got some good news and some bad news, which all ties into some interesting news.

So, I did the clean install, that all worked out fine. I then thought to install Gavin first. But once I did, I got that same error message that I did a couple of pages back. So I'm like "Huh? You were just working fine a couple of minutes ago?". Then I realized that it was probably another mod that kinda kick started him to install. And sure enough, it was. If I install Haldamir first and then Gavin, then Gavin will install like there's no problem.

I was able to test this theory out on another computer that one of my siblings use (We'll call sibling's computer "Computer 2" and my computer will be "Computer 1"). Now Comp 2 runs XP and is a lot newer then the one I'm using right now. Comp 2 also has no mods or anything installed on it but the Vanilla version. So, I downloaded Gavin and when I installed him on Comp 2, I got the same error message I've gotten on Comp 1. Again, I then downloaded Haldamir and reinstalled Gavin, and then Gavin installed just fine after that.

As for him crashing after his Family Conversation, unfortunately that still happens on Comp 1 (Even after the clean install). I didn't test him on Comp 2.

This now got me thinking, and the only thing about skipping over that scene, like you pointed out in a previous post, doesn't mean that another crash won't happen again. And I wouldn't want to have to keep skipping over scenes just to try and play through it. On top of that, if I started a new game and wanted him on my team again, wouldn't that mean I'd have to send that game file over to you and ask if you could skip the scene again? :laugh:

Mmm, yea, I'd rather not keep bugging you to that point. Since you're busy with your life, being that dependent on you like that just doesn't seem right, nor fair.

I'm now under the impression that perhaps another mod may 'fix' Gavin's family talk? Which one, I'm not sure. Maybe one day I'll find out. Okay, yea, I'll pass on sending you the files.

But, once again, thanks for getting back with me, and again, I really do appreciate your effort and help! Enjoy your weekend.

No, I can't let it go with a crash after that cutscene. It is simply not acceptable. Nor should there be installation issues at all. It did go through some pretty serious testing with a team of a dozen dedicated players.

It just sucks that this comes at a really high-pressure time for work. My anticipated weekend of modding turned into a weekend of preparation for a possibly career-altering presentation for work. Naturally, I've got to do the work stuff because a gal's gotta eat, but if I've got a mod out there that's bugging out, I need to know why.

Please post your weidu log so I can build your exact installation and attempt to duplicte your crash. Hopefully, Sunday.

Guest MiLeah

Ugh, I was having internet problems today and yesterday and couldn't connect for awhile. But it's up and running now.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm all excited now after I read that you'll take a look at Gavin. I kinda feel like a legendary Doctor is about to go to work and I'm going to be able to witness history in the making. :laugh:

Ooooh, and good luck with your 'possibly career-altering presentation for work'! You've got me curious as to what you do. I keep picturing you as a writer since I played your mods. The way that you write, yea, I could easily see you having a book series on a bookshelf at a library or bookstore.

Alright, here's the Weidu log (Feels like I'm letting you look into my closet, lol)

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~HALDAMIR/SETUP-HALDAMIR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Haldamir: v2
~FAREN/SETUP-FAREN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Faren NPC for Baldur's Gate II: Version 2
~FAREN/SETUP-FAREN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Choose Faren's weapon proficiency skillset -> Martial configuration: Version 2
~FAREN/SETUP-FAREN.TP2~ #0 #17 // Romantic Encounters Content: Version 2
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin for BG2: v19
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Multi-romance cheat -> No romance kills: v19
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #11 // Alternate Portrait Selection  (Default portrait is already installed) -> Dragon Age style portrait by berelinde: v19
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // An Evening with Aran, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Night with Coran, by magrat
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edwin's Softer Side, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Enter Haer'Dalis, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Love Song of Logan, Lord Coprith, by Ajnos
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // Noober Returns, by cmorgan
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // Sir Ryan Trawl, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Valygar Romance, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #46 // Goldander Blackenrock: After a Party, by magrat
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #49 // Blame the Moon, by Aeryn (Cernd)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones
~C#AJANTIS_SVA/SETUP-C#AJANTIS_SVA.TP2~ #1 #0 // Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII-SoA: open Beta 0.2.20

Let me know if there's any other info that you'll need. I'll be more then happy to try and help in that regard.

Well, I should be able to at least build the installation between today and tomorrow. So I'll probably be able to get it sorted. No Fixpack? That's always risky, but it could be why you're having installation issues. But don't change anything. Not yet. With your weidu log, I'll build your exact installation and see what's going wrong. The mod cannot be dependant on *any* other mods to work, nor should it preclude any, either. We'll see how it goes.

Oh, and I'm a chemist, although I'm currently doing temp work in a biology lab. Hopefully, the temp part will change, if the presentation goes well. :laugh:

Hey,

I just wanted to report bugs with Brown Mold Oil. When creating it, it doesn't actually consume the brown mold as it does the lime and (algae was it?). The dialogue you get when mixing it says it does cold damage, but the item description says fire. Also, although the item description says it damages all in 5', it seems to explode for the same area as a fireball, 30'.

Fantastic mod, btw. Gavin's great, the dialogue's believable, and your useful potion-making system is the only one in any game I've ever utilized. Thanks so much.

PS, about the Gavin mod for BG1 - is there anywhere that shows the portrait options? I can find the ones for BG2, but the BG1 ones elude me :)

Note to self: typos fixed up to this point.

- Corrected local variable set in dialogue/b!talks/d state st.2d2

- "besides" > "beside" in dialogue/b!floaters.d line 4121

- "wisful" > "wistful" in dialogue/b!pid.d line 4797

- "the the Dawnbringer" > "the Dawnbringer" in dialogue/b!gavin_interjections.d line 128

- "the the woman I love" > "the woman I love" in dialogue/b!npcrom.d line 652

- "the the mayhem" > "the mayhem" in dialogue/b!pid.d line 4662

- "satified" > "satisfied" in dialogue/b!floaters.d line 3905

- "with kiss to your forehead" > "with a kiss to your forehead" in dialogue/b!pid.d line 5334

- "Is this rigid visitation schedule" > "Is this a rigid visitation schedule" in dialogue/b!miranda_talks.d line 627

My game also crashes after Gavin talks to Miranda. I'll stay for the whole talk, and then the game crashes when my party goes back to the entrance of the Temple District. My character is a neutral evil mage/thief half-elf, and she meets the requirements for starting a new romance with Gavin. The first thing I did after installing the game was to install the official patch. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I do not have Throne of Bhaal installed. Anyway, here's a copy of my Weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1001 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Classic (from Baldurdash, by Kevin Dorner): v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v9.01

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin for BG2: v19

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin heals the PC when below 50% health (Can be disabled or enabled via player-initiated dialogue): v19

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-romance cheat -> Normal romance kills: v19

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate Portrait Selection (Default portrait is already installed) -> Dawnbringer, by Amaurea: v19

Are you using v20 or the beta? I ask because another user had the crash issue with v20 but did not with the beta. I am not sure if she installed ToB in the meantime.

Do you get a CTD or does the cutscene hang? With the one, it's a lot harder (for me) to diagnose. If it's a hanging cutscene (one that never seems to end), it can usually be solved by increasing one of the Wait() actions in the cutscene.

I'm using v20, the Windows version. After Gavin tells us he's going to take his daughter to the temple of Oghma and he'll meet us there, the game just crashes. Then a message pops up that says that a problem has caused the game to stop working properly, and that Windows will notify me if a solution is found. My operating system is Windows 7, and the game is running in Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatability mode. If there's been a crash issue with the v20 version, then should I uninstall it and use the beta version instead? If I DO have to reinstall it, then will I also have to start a new game, or can I just use the auto-save file I got when I left the Slums with Gavin to go to the Temple District?

Edited by Fire_Archer86

I'm using v20, the Windows version. After Gavin tells us he's going to take his daughter to the temple of Oghma and he'll meet us there, the game just crashes. Then a message pops up that says that a problem has caused the game to stop working properly, and that Windows will notify me if a solution is found. My operating system is Windows 7, and the game is running in Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatability mode. If there's been a crash issue with the v20 version, then should I uninstall it and use the beta version instead? If I DO have to reinstall it, then will I also have to start a new game, or can I just use the auto-save file I got when I left the Slums with Gavin to go to the Temple District?

Yea, unfortunately, had the same thing happen to me. Maybe the Beta version will work for you.

I tested Gavin out on two different computers (This one is older, and then I tested him out on a more recent computer) and I still crashed at the Temple district once I was about to leave. Both computers had the full install (As we don't like having to switch discs), and both were SOA only. Berelinde even tried making a patch to skip pass that part, but nothing seem to work.

Just recently I installed TOB and played on the SOA side, and he works fine. I haven't had any problems with him since. If the Beta version doesn't work, and you still have the same problem, then, yea, you need TOB.

Edited by Miss Jade

I'm not sure what's causing this, but Aerie keeps trying to talk to me but never says anything. My character just turns to face her, and her me...Then they just stare at each other. This is annoying because Aerie will lag behind making it hard to enter/leave an area, or prevents my character from picking up items because Aerie keeps trying to talk to her. I've tried kicking her off my team and then having her rejoin, but the same thing happens. It's also happen with Yoshimo in another game I had.

Again, I'm not sure if it's just BG2 acting stanky, or a mod causing this, but I thought you might know what the problem is, or what I could do to prevent this. Thanks.