Changes to kitless Bards/Thieves and vanilla kits.

Andyr

The following is just a summary of how stuff from the unmodded game has changed:

- Bards and Blades can now be any alignment. Jesters and Skalds can be any non-Lawful alignment. Previously, all had to be partially Neutral.

- Blades in the unmodded game did not receive the Pick Pockets penalty they were supposed to. This has been fixed.

- Thieves and kits can now be of any alignment. Previously, they could not be Lawful Good.

- Thieves and kits can now place 3 points in two weapon fighting style. Previously they were limited to 1. The Swashbuckler (who previously could have 3) has had its description altered to reflect the fact they are no longer special.

There are plans to alter HLAs too but nothing has been done as of yet; I am tempted to release a first version without them changed since for Tutu and most of SoA they are irrelevant anyhow. :) At the moment if you have Rogue Rebalancing or Refinements installed you will get their tables... I am trying to contact aVENGER to build upon his work so please, if you see him let him know!

The following is just a summary of how stuff from the unmodded game has changed:

.... stuff deleted ....

.....  At the moment if you have Rogue Rebalancing or Refinements installed you will get their tables... I am trying to contact aVENGER to build upon his work so please, if you see him let him know!

Is this going to be an add on to Rogue Rebalencing Kit?

If not, I believe that ther true class bard song (and hence the Blade's song) do not work.

I have toyed with enhancing /tuning the bards song and have discovered the following things.

1./ I can't find the true class bards song in the inate abilities lists (using IE). I can find the skalds.

2./ Using one of the Team BG editiors, the bard comes up with an ability called something like change bards song, suggesting (to me) that the bards songs are implemented by someting other than a spell assignment.

3./ I have not inspected the game since installing the RRK, not have I played a TC bard since then, but the Jester seems to perform as aVenger advertised and my TC bard is aquiring RRK's HLAs. (Still can't see if the song works as expected; if my theory that the song is assigned at PC creation time, it may not work)

I have written once to aVenegr at his Forgotton Wars address and have received no reply.

I hope this is helpful

Well, I like aVENGER's HLA ideas and the ones in the unmodded game suck. So I was going to ask him if I could use his stuff as a base, like Refinements have done. But as yet I have received no reply from him.

Sim and NiGHTMARE have got a good few other ideas between them too, so don't worry though if I can't get in touch! :)

There is an opcode to change bard song which the Jester and Skald use, yes. You put that in a spell referencing another spell file (which is the song you want to use). I think the true class one is probably hardcoded but it can be changed by using this opcode. One idea Sim had was giving the bard a choice of songs as he/she advances in levels (as in IWD2) so we might make a change like that for truclass bards.

The opcode can also be used to give different songs as HLAs, which I think aVENGER does.

... stuff deleted ....

There is an opcode to change bard song which the Jester and Skald use, yes. You put that in a spell referencing another spell file (which is the song you want to use). I think the true class one is probably hardcoded but it can be changed by using this opcode.

I think the true class song is broken, aVenger fixed it. If you're going to base your install on the published game, you should fix it also.

I don't understand what you mean by an opcode or how it would work? :) Which tutorial should I read?

Oh, the true class is broken? I'll have a look then and fix it. :)

An opcode is what determines the effects of a spell or item... For tutorials, um, I'm not sure what the best general .SPL tutorial is. PPG might have one.