EET v13.4 released

Wait, the path to mac BG2:EE executable (the file that starts the game) is:

1. this one:

/Users/xxxx/Applications/Beamdog/00783/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition

2. or this one?:

/Users/xxxx/Applications/Beamdog/00783/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition

edit: the mac executable name is BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition, right? Or Baldur?

Edited by K4thos

This is how it looks for Beamdog Client + default Mac OSX installation:

bash-3.2$ pwd
/Users/a/Beamdog Library/00783/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS
bash-3.2$ ./BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition

There is also "/Users/a/Beamdog Library/00783/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition" and "/Users/a/Beamdog Library/00783/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition64" but those are linux binaries.

Edited by ALIENQuake

This is how it looks for Beamdog Client + default Mac OSX installation:

thanks, so the path to mac executable is the same as in windows.

New build is up on Github. Aryn, please test it using setup-EET.command file. I need to be sure that the mod can be installed without additional tools.

Changelog:

• Removed tileconv/tile2ee dependencies and unused wed, tbs files (Pull request #20 by Argent77 on Github)
  • Fixed Mac OS and Linux support (hopefully)

-------------

btw. does .command code also work for linux? Something like this for mod installation:

#!/bin/sh

command_path=${0%/*}
cd "$command_path"
chmod +x EET/bin/unix/x86_64/weidu
./EET/bin/unix/x86_64/weidu
exit 0

-------------

edit:

There is also "/Users/a/Beamdog Library/00783/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition" and "/Users/a/Beamdog Library/00783/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition64" but those are linux binaries.

uhh, these ones are not the same as in Windows (I have BaldursGateII and BaldursGateII64 in my directory). Another update will be needed for linux users :(
edit: done
Edited by K4thos

./ is not needed to enforce relative paths, unless you need to remove an ambiguity — like with running stuff in the current dir.

Above, you're not passing anything to weidu, so not sure what you're trying to achieve by running it.

Above, you're not passing anything to weidu, so not sure what you're trying to achieve by running it.

setup-EET.command is meant to start the weidu installation, but when I now think about it you're right, if the weidu is not named correctly auto-tp2 feature won't work. This should do the job:

#!/bin/sh

command_path=${0%/*}
cd "$command_path"
chmod +x EET/bin/osx/x86_64/weidu
./EET/bin/osx/x86_64/weidu EET/EET.tp2
exit 0

The question is still valid - would the same command (terminal?) code work also on linux (using linux weidu of course) or this syntax is unique to mac os? If the former then I will add linux command file as well for easier installation.

Edited by K4thos

Using https://github.com/K4thos/EET/commit/f9c4961854d8542f8c2895283936dfb2572a17b4

chmod: EET/bin/osx/x86_64/lua: No such file or directory

probably because actual osx x86_64 lua path is: EET/bin/osx/lua

+

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "EET/temp/tlk_cnt.txt")

No idea.

After coping EET/bin/osx/lua to EET/bin/osx/x86_64/lua, installation starts and finish without problems :)

Edited by ALIENQuake

If you call the weidu binary directly to install EET, you should also make sure that a .DEBUG file with the installation log is created. By default the log is only printed to standard output.

After coping EET/bin/osx/lua to EET/bin/osx/x86_64/lua, installation starts and finish without problems :)

thanks, both issues should be fixed in the re-drafted release.

Edited by K4thos

K4thos,

Thanks for the quick fix. Worked for me. I tried both using the standard MacOS setup-EET.command and using Subtledoctor's Mac WeiDU Launcher. Both methods worked. I will now try to install some other mods and then complete the EET install.

I don't know if you got fixes in your backlog that will be released only after BGEE 2.5 is out

nothing EET related. Once patch is released it will fix many vanilla BG:EE and SoD problems which will benefit EET as well. So up to you, if you're interested in those fixes.

Keep in mind that there is a problem (unrelated to EET) with spells modified by patch 2.5 that end up being corrupted after installing some mods (Ascension, SCS, probably more), so I wouldn't hurry if you're planning to use these mods.

Edited by K4thos