Tutu State of the Modding Union

berelinde

also, has anyone installed ToBEx towards the end (going against A64's suggestion of before-everything-else) and had conflicts in a tutu game? how late is too late? i can't think of anything i've installed so far that i would prefer to any tobex changes i can see, relevant to TOS... but how likely is it to bust anything? (at this point i'm stuffing the install with more than half of the list, excluding big separate-quest mods like tgc & sobh and leaving out the cheesier kits & tweaks)

just curious... not like i'm dead set against One More Fresh Install (laughter, tears, hysterical coughing)

okay, i see that SCS updates it, so at least before SCS - meaning right now! whew.
Actually the SCS uses the stuff ToBEx installs... and thus the ToBEx should be installed first !

And most todays .exe patching mods do the same thing ... so the ToBEx really should be at the top, not at the bottom.

yes, i certainly took A64's word for that in the first place (just forgot to keep it in mind while going through the list that doesn't mention ToBEx [yet]). now i'm simply in the process of finding out just how bad an idea it was to install it as late as i did. :) had a momentary jolt of superstitious fear when i saw the ToBEx console, which wasn't present ~9 months ago (in a much more sensible install as well), but have gotten over it...

12.4iiItem[TBG] may actually be best placed after BG2 Tweaks - should definitely be placed after anything that adds stores or items

12.10Aurora's Shoes and Boots[sHS]

?

i see that the tutu content doesn't add a store - does it not add items either?

The Tutu version of Aurora adds a store and items (not the same merchant or items as the BG2/BGT version). iiItem doesn't *need* to go after all item mods. So some explanatory text might go there - it's more like advice. iiItem mods all stores installed before it (to add its items to them potentially) but it depends on whether you want it to do that, and mainly, on how long you want to wait while it does that, and you could be waiting quite a while on a highly modded install (last I checked). So I personally (if I were using it) would install it fairly early or in the middle, but probably not the end (it was kind of liberal handing out stuff too last I checked).

Archived