Crash on sleeping

In case you still have a savegame close to the event, you could post it here.

At least we could check if the trigger that is called up when you try to rest can be found, which will lead us closer to the event that is supposed to happen when the game crashes.

I personally would re-install everything, carefully choosing the mods you want.. In my experience, I found out that this is the best course of action, since sometime we include mods we're not interested in, and more mods = more chances of error.

Yeah i only choose blue and green mods in the BWS.

In case you still have a savegame close to the event, you could post it here.

At least we could check if the trigger that is called up when you try to rest can be found, which will lead us closer to the event that is supposed to happen when the game crashes.

will do once im home

I think i found the source of the problem: It's Minsc, when i dismissed him(doesn't matter what items he have), i could rest again. I can't recruit him again tough, is there a way to fix?

Try and kick him out and then force him to join again... via enabling the cheatkeys and Ctrl+Q on top of him.

To truly try to fix the problem, you might need to perhaps install the LStest mod and find what's being fired and sort it out that way. But if it crashes before you can see why it does so, that won't help either.

I did how you ask: I made him wait at an inn in Nashkel and my party could rest in the same area, after recruiting him, it crashes again. Noob question, how do i upload files here? Once again thanks for the help.

Edit: i reloaded a save in the beginning of chapter 2 and Minsc seems to behave well, maybe i should continue onwards with this, annoying tough...

Edited by icymad

I did how you ask: I made him wait at an inn in Nashkel and my party could rest in the same area, after recruiting him, it crashes again. Noob question, how do i upload files here? Once again thanks for the help.

Edit: i reloaded a save in the beginning of chapter 2 and Minsc seems to behave well, maybe i should continue onwards with this, annoying tough...

Tp upload a savegame put the whole folder e.g. iser/yourID/documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy/save/000000001-Quick-Save into a zip or rar or 7z - click *More reply options* here on the forim post menu lower right corner and you see the upload file option.

More bad news, now it seems NPC Sandrah is making the game crash, either through resting or using a spell that seems bugged (there is no name, only a health icon)

The spell is a special hability that seems like a cure disease spell, it appears when Sandrah reaches level 4 priest, i rolled back a save and it seems it doesn't correlate with the resting crashes, for now at least...

000000001-Quick-Save.rar

Edited by icymad

I think i found a partial solution to the problem: It seems the buggy spell is cast when resting, so the game crashes. Then the solution is to rest when fully healed.

The spell used by the game to heal the group when sleeping is a vanilla spell not changed by Sandrah. However, Sandrah uses that same vanilla spell in her spellbook. The issue therefore is the mod that changes the vanilla healing spell. This mod changes the spell both for the healing at rest and for clerics using it.

You mix up cause and symptom here.

PS - SPPR607 aka CLERIC_HEAL (IDS 1607), in which case the same effect may happen when buying it at a temple.

Edited by Roxanne

Im on the Xvat village and there is 2 dark druids there that uses an insect-hive like spell that crashes the game when the insect hive hits someone. Can anyone relate?

Apparently I can't upload save games anymore, since the uploader is up to 155.5kb now

Edited by icymad

I think i found a partial solution to the problem: It seems the buggy spell is cast when resting, so the game crashes. Then the solution is to rest when fully healed.

The spell used by the game to heal the group when sleeping is a vanilla spell not changed by Sandrah. However, Sandrah uses that same vanilla spell in her spellbook. The issue therefore is the mod that changes the vanilla healing spell. This mod changes the spell both for the healing at rest and for clerics using it.

You mix up cause and symptom here.

PS - SPPR607 aka CLERIC_HEAL (IDS 1607), in which case the same effect may happen when buying it at a temple.

Im on the Xvat village and there is 2 dark druids there that uses an insect-hive like spell that crashes the game when the insect hive hits someone. Can anyone relate?

Apparently I can't upload save games anymore, since the uploader is up to 155.5kb now

It looks like you have some spell mod installed that affects many of the vanilla spells in your game. Maybe change-log can help you to a) find the mod the does it b) restore the un-corrupted spells.

The druid uses another vanilla spell CLERIC_INSECT_PLAGUE (IDS 1517) which refers to SPPR517.spl (Insect Plague).

Again, the problem is either with spell.ids (You can look for that file in your bg2ee/override folder and post it here) or with a mod making changes to all those standard spells.

Edited by Roxanne