EET Not Firing Transition to Chapter 4

@rainlit I've loaded your save and the transition to chapter 4 works as expected on latest EET. If you're using old EET version from 2018 that had this bug the hotfix should work. If it doesn't, I suspect some other mod breaks it - probably by blocking BALDUR.BCS global script that contains the transition to chapter 4 code (which hotfix appends at the bottom of the global script). If that’s the case it should be reported to that mod author.

Please upload BALDUR.BCS located in your override directory – I will take a look.

Edited by K4thos

yep, the problem lays in BALDUR.BCS. This code appended top by some other mod blocks further script progressing (at least if the mod that adds it is not installed)

IF
  !CheckSpellState(Player1,236)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ReallyForceSpellRES("MEALT01",Player1)
    Continue()
END

IF
  !CheckSpellState(Player2,236)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ReallyForceSpellRES("MEALT01",Player2)
    Continue()
END

IF
  !CheckSpellState(Player3,236)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ReallyForceSpellRES("MEALT01",Player3)
    Continue()
END

IF
  !CheckSpellState(Player4,236)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ReallyForceSpellRES("MEALT01",Player4)
    Continue()
END

IF
  !CheckSpellState(Player5,236)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ReallyForceSpellRES("MEALT01",Player5)
    Continue()
END

IF
  !CheckSpellState(Player6,236)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ReallyForceSpellRES("MEALT01",Player6)
END

the code itself may be fine, but I can't test it further without actually having this mod in my game. Please run this batch code in main directory - it should print which mod added MEALT01 spell: https://www.dropbox.com/s/etcw0txus7waie9/changelog.zip?dl=1

Please post here the mod name.

Edited by K4thos

I've just noticed missing Continue() in the sixth block, which is actually the one that hangs BALDUR.BCS processing in my game and is likely responsible for your problem. Here is a file with this block fixed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm6pt5nnstg53sf/BALDUR.BCS?dl=1

Still please run the batch file, so we know who should be informed about this bug (it's not related to EET).

Edited by K4thos

Ah. This mod is the culprit:

Mods affecting MEALT01.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~METWEAKS/METWEAKS.TP2~ 0 20 // Increase the visual range and movement speed of all creatures in the game (including party members) significantly

Thank you for helping me troubleshoot! I

Hi. Just wanted to mention that I had the exact same issue in my current game, but with the latest version of EET. Picking up the letters in Tazok's tent did nothing, and I remained in chapter 3 with the 'a hidden base in the cloakwood' journal entry after speaking with Ender Sai.

The hotfix v2 from this thread fixed this, both in an earlier save from before entering the bandit camp area, and in the most recent save i have. In the first, the transition triggered normally when I picked up the letters; in the second, it happened as soon as I loaded the save, with cutscene and journal/map updates. Don't know if this is normal, but that's it. Thank you for the fix anyway 😀