Your Most Hated IWD2NPC

Domi

Your Most Hated IWD2NPC  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Nord, because it feels like he never stops cursing - constant battle cries in which he curses, whenever he gets hurt... Every time I finish a battle, well... The sad thing is, NPCs get hurt so often that the ones who say a LOT each time they get hit end up constantly talking, so it's just a flood of sound and subtitles throughout the battle. And I found that suddenly I was getting a lot fewer headaches once I started a new game without Nord in the party.

I'm not a huge fan of Nord's soundset either, so I converted the BG I soundset with the Northern accent for him, which fit quite nicely. It'd be a shame to miss out on the character just because of the soundset.

And least favorite is Salomeya. Hate her. Want her to die. Kind of wish I had *let* her die in the last battle. As Shieara said, you can almost never get the upper-hand, since she just plows on regardless, and there's really no reason that I can see that my party didn't abandon her somewhere nice and dangerous. Like the Underdark. Can you make that an option in the next verison? :(

Kind of wish I had *let* her die in the last battle.

It would not have been satisfying, I think, because to ensure proper Epilogueing and not forcing people to refight the last battle to make sure everyone is left standing, I ressurect, heal etc every NPC to put them in the final cutscene.

Actually, some time ago, I asked people if they wanted an option to kick NPCs out of the party via PID. Because while IWD2 does not allow you to *join* the characters, it allows to kick them.

I'm not opposed at all to putting an option in say a Drider layer for all NPCs, where PC with a gloating smile tells them 'You're on your own, Mister/Miss." Will that be something people would want to see?

If you just want a quick do-it-yourself kick out in an area of your choice, simply set

"P#salomeyaQuit" "GLOBAL" to 3

(or for any other character, just replace salomeya in the global name with any other name.)

Salomeya was challenging to write because she over-rides anything and everything like a buldoser. The only thing that I could come up with where PC beats Salomeya hands down, is Jaemal's romance conflict. Other than that I could not come up with a something that made Salomeya swallow it, so I opted out for PC's plenty of 'not nice' options.

I'm not opposed at all to putting an option in say a Drider layer for all NPCs, where PC with a gloating smile tells them 'You're on your own, Mister/Miss." Will that be something people would want to see?

If you just want a quick do-it-yourself kick out in an area of your choice, simply set

"P#salomeyaQuit" "GLOBAL" to 3

Heh! I was joking (mostly...) but I would totally play with Salomeya again *just* to kick her out in the middle of a Drider lair.

As for just chucking her in the middle of the game, I wouldn't have done that on my first run through because I did enjoy her as a NPC. I just hated her too.

I voted for Diriel -- my PC just went to 'sight-see' the Tree with him. What a bastard!

God, why isn't there an option to kill him after that? Or kick him out of the party? Or just hit him repeatedly? Anything at all that causes extreme pyshical dicomfort?

By the way -- can you kick him out?

My momentary burning hatred aside, he's a great character. Love having him in the party... just not now, obviously. Great job, Domi! :(

The same code as above, just replace Salomeya with Diriel in the global name. :(

Why do it with the code? If I am not mistaken you can manage your party by entering the right menu in-game? The one you can change your current NPCs? ;)

Oh, yeah, you can, I just thought the folk wanted a more drammatic way with the character wandering away in a huff. I have the code anyway for NPCs quitting because things didn't go their way.

You mean 'Diriel quitting'?:( Anyway, I really can't see how someone may be *surprised* by the Kuldahar incident... Or mad. I mean, Diriel has been talking about 'breeding qualities' for all previous chapters, so, well... Figure out yourself. Another thing is that this idea is *brilliant*, Domi. I don't know if I would hit on it if I were you... I am not evil enough, I guess. But, still, I am proud to be inspiration for that one ;)

I just thought the folk wanted a more drammatic way

More drammatic? With Salomeya I am sure the 'more drammatic' would be 'eaten by something big and nasty a moment after being kicked out', lol :)

Another thing is that this idea is *brilliant*, Domi. I don't know if I would hit on it if I were you... I am not evil enough, I guess. But, still, I am proud to be inspiration for that one

As you should be. Sometimes, things just click together and fall right where they belong. And, heh, should I switch to evil-PC oriented mods? :(

I don't hate her as such, but my least favourite NPC was Prachi - she's very strange, and not in a good Kate Bush/Tori Amos kind of way.

The poor thing is also a monk, my least favourite IWD2 class.

Although I will give her another chance as I know Domi was going to add some new elements to the character waaaaaay back when I completed my last run through.

I hate Peony. No particular reason, just the way she talks about things annoys me endlessly. I don't even know what she says later on in the game, because I replaced her with Jaemal right after meeting Ulbrec for the first time. I couldn't stand her.

Luckily, the wizardly options are relatively variable, with Jaemal and Peony being primaries, and Nikosh readily dualclassable.

Heh, judging from the poll, I should have made Hildury a romantic option for males :) Every other girl got a notch or two against her.

Salomeya - she's simply the kind of person who is 'mean'. There's nothing for her to gain by it tbh. If she suffers from narcism, why not go bugger animals... >_>; "Attention whore" also suits her well. You did great work - why? Because I actually hate Salomeya deeply - that means you succeeded in fooling my brain that she's an existing person. *claps* ^^

Diriel - the kind of guy who Frightens me - capital F. That tree scene was pure genious (it didn't 'surprise' me, after all he did mention breeding and 'restoring' elves, but it did made me say "oh. my. God.") In a way he's a plotting bastard -> perfectionist. Also, the fact that he's a druid makes him even more evil (paradox... shouldn't they be neutral... ).

Rizdaer is my personal fav, just because his so much a drow. More drowish than Viconia at least. Plus, what's better than a nice humble servant? (I love the Mistress flirts btw. Just because this is one-of-a-kind thing, I never played a mod with a romance that could wind up at that sort of stage).

Probably I should pick Salomeya, cuz I <3 Diriel (even if he still scares me), and I <3 Rizdaer.

Did I mention I love them all?

Archived