SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

Hmm, I just tested those like...what, two days ago, when I was also testing Prismatic Mantle, so you're going to have to give me a specific set of circumstances under which it doesn't seem to work. Note that their effects only apply to enemies - having one of your characters attack themselves with it on is not going to trigger it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

1) Fire Shield and Mestil (and possibly Prismatic Mantle) are bugged on my install too. They work normally for the player's part (tested by creating a charname sorcerer and then make an ogre attack it), but they don't work at all for enemy. Maybe they don't consider player 'hostile'?

2) When enemy (and only enemy) cast mordenkainen's sword, the sword dies instantly.

3) In my game AoE spell don't bypass mirror image (i'm playing on ee, and have the SR mirror image fix installed (i'll try to disintall it this afternoon and see what happens)

4) Maybe its a vanilla bug, but stoneskin seems to block iron's golem poison cloud.

Playing on BG2: EE

Edit: I unistalled Mirror Image Fix, unfortunatly the bug it's still there. I also tested vanilla BG: EE with no mods, AoE bypass mirror image correctly

Edit2: I'm doing some more testing, fire shield and mestil's acid sheet don't seem to block insects: tested creating a sorcerer and one druid, the sorcerer casted fire shield/acid sheat on himself and then druid casted summon insect at him.

WeiDU.log

Edited by Wyrd

Fire Shield: That's so bizarre, I was sure I tested it both ways, but it seems you two are correct - creatures that are hostile to you do not consider you an "enemy", and therefore you are not damaged. Darn it all, I think I might have to revert this unless I can figure out a way of fixing it.

Mordenkainen's Sword: This is a very weird one that I have personally seen before, and with normal SR I am pretty certain, too (as I think I had reported this as a bug years ago that has reappeared in my game at least once since then). I would really like to track this one down. I gave Tolgerias a copy of Mordenkainen's Sword, and he immediately casts it after I spawn him, and it immediately dies, just as you described. I strip Mordenkainen's Sword of the script that SR gives it (that I have not touched - DVMSWORD), and redo this, and it no longer dies immediately, but of course, it no longer does anything. So...looking at its script, its first block is:

IF
CheckStatLT(Myself,20,DETECTILLUSIONS)
!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_DEAD)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Kill(Myself)
END

Uh. So...if not dead, and its Detect Illusions skill is 20, immediately terminate itself? Not sure why its Detect Illusions skill would be 20 (and looking at its .cre file, it's not), anyways, but okay, fine, let's kill this part of the script and retry. Yep, that did it. Anyone have any clue why this would be included in its script? Also, why is it actually triggering when a Mordenkainen's Sword obviously has no thieving skills? You can drop this into your override to fix it for your current game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/wodyh3rzth53ht7/DVMSWORD.bcs

Mirror Image: Unfortunately, I have no idea. Works in ToBEx games and BG1EE, but not BG2EE? Does anyone else playing on the latest version of BG2EE have this issue as well?

Stoneskin: No "protection from spell" opcodes or poison exist in Stoneskin at all (and I did check all 8 extended headers of the spell), so I'm not sure how that makes sense. You're saying if you're completely unequipped and cast Stoneskin, an iron golem's poison cloud spell does nothing?

Edited by Bartimaeus

New test for mirror image:

1) Vanilla bg2: ee with no mods installed: created a sorcerer, cast mirror image, proceed to cast fireball on myself 6 times -> mirror image is bypassed each time (the bug was fixed by beamdog apparently)

2) installed spell revision revised main component (the only mod): created a sorcerer, cast mirror image, proceed to cast fireball on myself -> mirror image is not bypassed, an image disappear for each fireball. Proceed to cast delayed fireball on myself, same result

3) installed "mirror image fix" component over spell revision main component: same result as 2

So it must be a bug introduced by spell revision

To install spell revision revised i download SR V4 beta 15 from here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28817, and then extracted SRR v1.04 on top.

EDIT: tested stoneskin vs iron's golem gas cloud, it's a vanilla bug apparently. I've no clue why that can happen

Edited by Wyrd

I play with the lasted BG2EE patch (2.5) and mirror image fix from spell revision and it is working correctly : when casting a fireball on myself, I do take fire damage on myself and I keep the same number of images.

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 15 (Revised V1.00d)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 15 (Revised V1.00d)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Cure Sleep Fix: v4 Beta 15 (Revised V1.00d)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 15 (Revised V1.00d)
Edited by DrAzTiK

It's SRR, the problem lies within mirror image fix

I tested vanilla bg2ee + SR beta 15 main component only, the bug is present, mirror image protects against magic attack

vanilla bg2ee + SR beta 15 main + mirror image fix -> mirror image doesn't protect against area attacks anymore

Okay, sorry, one last test, because of what Draztik said. Try version V1.00d of SRR on top of SR instead of the latest: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ijpeyutlngksxg3/SR%20Revised%20V1.00d.zip

If THAT works, that means...uh, something. That I did something in a very recent version that is breaking, I guess. It should be easier to track if that's the case, at least.

Edited by Bartimaeus