Installation on mac OSX

bootsy

Hello, I'm new to trying to mod games. I recently got ID2 when I saw it on GOG, and would love to try out some mods (namely this one).

However I'm totally lost as to where to put what files; I tried dropping them into the override folder, but the party and imports aren't showing up in the game when I run it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bootsy,

To start, unpack the mod .rar archive (if you don't have a program that can handle .rar files, I recommend Unarchiver from the Mac App Store). Copy the extracted files to the drive_c\GOG Games\Icewind Dale II folder inside the IWD2 app package (you can find it by right-clicking on the Icewind Dale 2 app and selecting "Show Package Contents").

Next, you need to update some of the files that come with the mod.

The version of sox in the IWD2NPC folder is for PowerPCs, not modern Intel macs. Download an current version of sox here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sox/files/sox/14.4.1/sox-14.4.1-macosx.zip/download

Unzip the archive and copy the file "sox" from there to the IWD2NPC folder that you copied to drive_c\GOG Games\Icewind Dale II.

Also, you may need to update your copy of WeiDU for OSX. You can get that here:

http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/WeiDU-Mac-236.zip

Unzip the archive and go into the "WeiDU-Mac/bin/x86-64" folder to get the WeiDU program. If you have OSX 10.9 (Mavericks), use the "weidu+mavericks" file, if you have OSX 10.6-10.8 (Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion), use the "weidu+snowleopard" file. Copy the program file to the drive_c\GOG Games\Icewind Dale II folder inside the app package. Now, move the file "setup-IWD2NPC" to the trash (not the file with the .TP2 extension!) and rename the weidu program you copied "setup-IWD2NPC".

Okay, the final steps: Open the Terminal application. At the command line type "cd " (no quotes). DON'T HIT ENTER (yet) and, yes, the space after cd is necessary. Drag-n-drop the drive_c\GOG Games\Icewind Dale II folder onto the Terminal window. A really long folder name should appear following your "cd ". It will probably look something like this:
cd /Applications/Icewind\ Dale\ 2\ Complete/Icewind\ Dale\ 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG\ Games/Icewind\ Dale\ II
*Now* hit Enter. Tada! You are in the Icewind Dale II folder.
Finally, enter the following at the command line:
./setup-IWD2NPC

I'm really looking forward to playing the mod, but I'm getting stuck at installation. When i try to run the ./Setup-IWD2NPC, I get a 'Permission Denied' message, and I haven't been able to find a way around it. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

It sounds like the setup-iwdnpc2 file does not have execute permission. Did you replace the it with an updated version of WeiDU?

You can get the latest version here: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29348.0.html

Download the WeiDU v238 and unpack the zip file. Copy the "weidu" binary file from the WeiDU-Mac folder to the IWD2 game folder. Trash the existing setup-iwdnpc2 binary and rename weidu to "setup-iwdnpc2".

I think progress. I did that and I think everything is in the right place, but now when I run the renamed 'set-iwdnpc2' I'm getting a message that says:

/Applications/Icewind\ Dale\ 2\ Complete/Icewind\ Dale\ 2.app/IWD2NPC/setup-iwdnpc2

[/Applications/Icewind Dale 2 Complete/Icewind Dale 2.app/IWD2NPC/setup-iwdnpc2] WeiDU version 23800

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

Think my files still are not in the right place?

Archived