Revisit Areas in EET

Roxanne

This question may not be directly related to the announced EET feature to revisit all areas of the game from later chapters, but anyway.

Will it be possible to return to Irenicus dungeon once you left it?

Once Irenicus has battled to cowled wizards and he and Imoen are arrested, the entry to his lair is destroyed and you cannot return ever.

Is that true still in EET?

PS - I hope it is retained from the original game, i.e. the explosion has sealed the dungeon.

Once Irenicus has battled to cowled wizards and he and Imoen are arrested, the entry to his lair is destroyed and you cannot return ever.

PS - I hope it is retained from the original game, i.e. the explosion has sealed the dungeon.

Irenicus Dungeon is sealed after you exit it like in normal BG2 and never opens. Adding a way to get there would be a work for external mod, not EET. Are you planning for something like this in Sandrah mod?

Irenicus Dungeon is sealed after you exit it like in normal BG2 and never opens. Adding a way to get there would be a work for external mod not EET. Are you planning for something like this in Sandrah mod?

No, I wanted to make sure that it is sealed in the normal game.

Yes, in RtF (i.e.the sequel after ToB) you will revisit it - but never in the original game.

The following is an assumption seeking for your confirmation:

Worldmap access rules are same for the whole EET

An area is revealed on the map either from a neighboring area or from having travelled there (except encounter areas).

If I never reveal some BG1 map (e.g.the Xvart village, not required to finish BG1-part) and it is not on my map - at a later stage, when I revisit BG1 areas I know, I can continue to explore and will find Xvart Village from a neighboring area and be able to go there.

Is that assumption corrrect?

An area is revealed on the map either from a neighboring area or from having travelled there (except encounter areas).

If I never reveal some BG1 map (e.g.the Xvart village, not required to finish BG1-part) and it is not on my map - at a later stage, when I revisit BG1 areas I know, I can continue to explore and will find Xvart Village from a neighboring area and be able to go there.

yes

yes

Thanks

A missing area transit

The transits between areas BG4200 and BG4201 are missing (Fisherman's lake and the Hut in that area)

Both areas exist but you cannot move between them. EET seems to have inherited that problem from the respective BGEE areas. The transition always existed in BGT.

As I use this area for my mod I will add it on my side (in which case it will only be available for those installing my mod), unless you advise me that it will be corrected in either EET or the original game,

A missing area transit

The transits between areas BG4200 and BG4201 are missing (Fisherman's lake and the Hut in that area)

Both areas exist but you cannot move between them. EET seems to have inherited that problem from the respective BGEE areas.

Well, the ar4201.are doesn't exist in the original BG1EE game. Of which that is converted to be BG4201.are ...

ar4200.jpg

It's added by a mod probably...

Also if you notice the door, it has planks across it:

308fz4k.jpg

EDIT, yeah, erhm it does actually. I was looking at the wrong games files. Ahh...

Shadows over Soubar is the only mod that contains a non-backup copy of AR4201.are in my BGT install. Edit: but that's clearly a different area, judging from its light maps (some sort of maze). Edit2: looks like a copy of Ulcaster's maze. So, red herring.

I've just checked it and BGT indeed added missing connection even though both BG1 and BG:EE have info trigger with "This house looks abandoned" text instead of entrance. Not sure if we should add it to EET considering it's more of a restoration rather than fix. AR4201 is not even named on the area reference page. Look at the area graphic, the door is clearly blocked from outside with some wooden planks, so it's a great material for a mod to add some flavour text and a way to get there (crowbar? entering though a window?). If EET adds it than it may not be compatible with such hypothetical mod designed with BG:EE/BG1/Tutu in mind. So yeah, I think external mod (like Sandrah) is a better place to restore the entrance and do something with the existing info trigger.

Shadows over Soubar is the only mod that contains a non-backup copy of AR4201.are in my BGT install. Edit: but that's clearly a different area, judging from its light maps (some sort of maze).

EET uses the same area names as vanilla BG1 and BG:EE. Just with changed AR to BG prefix. For BGT you would need to check it with external source. In this case it is AR3101.

I've just checked it and BGT indeed added missing connection even though both BG1 and BG:EE have info trigger with "This house looks abandoned" text instead of entrance. Not sure if we should add it to EET considering it's more of a restoration rather than fix. AR4201 is not even named on the area reference page. Look at the area graphic, the door is clearly blocked from outside with some wooden planks, so it's a great material for a mod to add some flavour text and a way to get there (crowbar? entering though a window?). If EET adds it than it may not be compatible with such hypothetical mod designed with BG:EE/BG1/Tutu in mind. So yeah, I think external mod (like Sandrah) is a better place to restore the entrance and do something with the existing info trigger.

Shadows over Soubar is the only mod that contains a non-backup copy of AR4201.are in my BGT install. Edit: but that's clearly a different area, judging from its light maps (some sort of maze).

EET uses the same area names as vanilla BG1 and BG:EE. Just with changed AR to BG prefix. For BGT you would need to check it with external source. In this case it is AR3101.

I would add the transition in my mod - BUT - I have BG4201 (and it is the area of such a hut and I can Clua into it without issues) - So if I would add a trigger but the area is not in EET this will cause a crash. I need to investigate first how come I have this area. I also have ar4201 in BGEE - and EET has converted it from there.

I would add the transition in my mod - BUT - I have BG4201 (and it is the area of such a hut and I can Clua into it without issues) - So if I would add a trigger but the area is not in EET this will cause a crash. I need to investigate first how come I have this area. I also have ar4201 in BGEE - and EET has converted it from there.

My solution is IF Area exists in game >> add transition if Not add area + transition. This should solve it.

the area does exist in vanilla BG1/BG:EE/EET. It's just unused - not accessible unless you clua to it.

Archived