TOB run through questions

Guest -Anonymous-

Guest -Anonymous-

Just finished a TOB-only game with Angelo in. Not ready to give a proper review yet (still have a romance SOA-TOB game running) but a couple questions came to the fore.

My character, a male fighter/cleric, chose not to Ascend, yet Angelo's epilogue indicated that there was a new deity favoring him. Did I get the wrong ending?

Also, from the moment I was able to leave Saradush, Anomen would experience a minor injury every time I loaded the game up (seemed to be tied to his hammer), and the Solar would suffer a minor injury every time she appeared. I was wondering what might be causing either of these?

I can't remember if it happens in BG2 - I don't remember it doing so - but in IWD it definitely happens with characters who have HP increasing items. If you reload, they lose those extra HP so it looks as though they're hurt. It's possible it's another mod you've got loaded.

SPOILER (highlight to read)

As for Angelo, haven't had the ascension ending but I believe he turns to Ilmater. I don't know if it's the same if you play a male/non-romanced female versus a romanced female who chooses to become a god - but SisterV will no doubt shed some light on this.

It does seem like the wrong epilogue triggered. Has this happened to anyone else? In any case, we'll look into it before the next version.

As for the other issue...all I can think of is, there is one item in Angelo that actually decreases HP ("The Fox' Eye"), although it's unlikely it was behind this. Other than that I'm unsure...

In any case, thank you, and enjoy your games :)

I can't remember if it happens in BG2 - I don't remember it doing so - but in IWD it definitely happens with characters who have HP increasing items. If you reload, they lose those extra HP so it looks as though they're hurt. It's possible it's another mod you've got loaded.

SPOILER (highlight to read)

As for Angelo, haven't had the ascension ending but I believe he turns to Ilmater. I don't know if it's the same if you play a male/non-romanced female versus a romanced female who chooses to become a god - but SisterV will no doubt shed some light on this.

Also, from the moment I was able to leave Saradush, Anomen would experience a minor injury every time I loaded the game up (seemed to be tied to his hammer), and the Solar would suffer a minor injury every time she appeared. I was wondering what might be causing either of these?

If you are running G3 Fixpack v6, then the hammer and solar bug is a known bug. The same happened to me (and I'm still pretty upset about it). Get the fix in BWP Fixpack at SHS. Read more about the bug following this thread:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...rt=#entry121404

So, I took a romanced Angelo into Throne of Bhaal and he ended it right away, even before Ilasera turned up. I mean, it was a *really nice* (and in places v. funny) way to end it, but now I'm curious - did I do something wrong or does it always go that way?

I'm not complaining - Angelo had a lot of great content, he's an interesting, well-drawn character - just curious.

(I had Xan in the party, if that makes a difference.)

Let me see... gods, did I really code this stuff five years ago?

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that you're probably talking about Angelo's first lovetalk, which happens one minute into ToB:

~Ah, <CHARNAME>, how the damned miles pass like leagues in your company, and how like a sack of feathers this pack of mine feels. Happen any minute I might take flight and soar on ahead. A word apart?~ [ADAng139]

This talk is very long, and it has two paths that end in "breaking up"(one includes sex), but in other ways, it's a normal lovetalk, and it is possible to continue the romance within it.

(If Angelo breaks up with you in a *conversation*, Xan or any other romance interest has nothing to do with it. However, if you're romancing Xan/Kelsey/Anomen and Angelo at the same time and have Crossmod Banter Pack:Romance Conflicts installed, it should kill one of them).

Ah, mystery solved! Thanks :-) I'll try a replay with a saved game at some point, and see how the content works through. My, but Angelo and Sarevok had some interesting banters, even so - it's a great character mod.

Let me see... gods, did I really code this stuff five years ago?

Time flies when you're having fun? ;-)

Archived