SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

In my game Dynaheir just got access to her level 3 spells. I was stunned to realize that Lightning Bolt does 1d6 damage per level to a single target (up to 10d6) [which differs from the 1d8 outlined in the - probably dated - spell description pinned in the forum] while Fireball does 1d6 multi-target (up to 10d6). Casting time and casting range are identical. The only difference is that saves for half damage are made at -4, while in the case of Fireball they are done with merely -2.

Does this work as intended? Why was the 1d8 damage reversed? I feel like Lighting Bolt is really underpowered now, as I do not think that the danger of hitting allies really compensates for the overall lower damage output. As you can see this irked me enough to actually log in and post, which I do not do often. [still great and absolutely vital mod for this amazing game 17 years down the line].

Near Infinity reports a corrupted CDDETECT.SPL (invalid signature) after installing SR.

Looking at the debug file I see this:

Copying 1 file ...
[./override/misc01.itm] loaded, 114 bytes
Copied [misc01.itm] to [override/cddetect.spl]

What's SR trying to do there?

Near Infinity reports a corrupted CDDETECT.SPL (invalid signature) after installing SR.

Copying 1 file ...

Is this not just setting a marker in override for other mod to see that SR is installed? This is not s spell supposed to be used in game. Just guessing, though...

Edited by Roxanne

Copying 1 file ...

Is this not just setting a marker in override for other mod to see that SR is installed? This is not s spell supposed to be used in game. Just guessing, though...

It seems it is already reported by Wisp in 2014 (!) and has to do with detectable spells.

Here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/53579-detectable-spells/?p=568139

What is the effect of this? I have a current install of v4b15 on BGEE, and have seen no problems (including installing SCS AI afterward, which is what usually turns up errors).

This is because SCS itself uses the detectable spells AI enhancing things.

Don't think it would be innocent ....

My point is, if it doesn't stop other mods being installed, and it doesn't stop me editing things in Near Infinity, and it doesn't cause any problems in-game...

If a bug knocks over a tree in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

It does... as my point stands... try to run this and you'll be CHEESED:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.*\.spl$~ ~override~
  PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x113) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files
	READ_BYTE 0x1c ~spelltype~
	PATCH_IF (spelltype = 0) BEGIN //aka is it the 'special' type
          READ_ ... plah plah plah...
	END
BUT_ONLY
As unfortunately, the source_size doesn't protect from invalid file types.

I might have found a bug with the Protection from Magic Weapons spell. SPWI611 is coded to protect against enchantment levels from 0 to 6 instead of protecting against weapons flagged as magical. My test was with v4 beta15, with nothing but IR and SR installed. PfMW indeed protects against even non-magical weapons.

There's another PfMW spell in my override folder, SPIN686, which is coded correctly. However, when a sorcerer choose a level 6 spell (which was the case in my test), he has access to the SPWI611 spell, which protects against everything. Is it the intended behavior ?