Vocal Volunteer

Guest PsyckoSama

There's a rather good editing/recording program about that can be used for free.... Audacity, which I've been using for the stuff I've done so far and can be found here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Thank you.

I'll be interested to hear your samples. :)

Cool. I'll also be throwing in some random chararter voices just incase my normal voice does not cut the mustard...

And I already have on funny idea that you may or may not enjoy. I'm in the process of learning Japanese so in the case of Yoshimo and I could hack out some (very) basic Japanese only diologue...

Character voices are good. You might jump right into one of the characters I had in mind. :)

Japanese dialogue could be good. I'd write some Kozakuran banter between Aklon and Yoshimo, but I know about three words of Japanese. :)

Psychosama and I are still hammering some things out, but we'll see.

Aklon: So <CHARNAME me old cobber, what d'ya reckon about a vegemite sandwich before we 'ave a go at that bloody Irenicus, eh?

Err... maybe not quite. :)

I always wondered about voice acting. Sounds like a lot of fun and I'd be happy to help in any way. The problem could be just my accent since I'm not native in any kind of English and have nobody to validate it ^^' If you needed some female-voice work still I could give you a mic (not sure about quality, but I think my laptop does a much better work than a mic I have) and voice sound sample. Of course the voice may change depending on a role and stuff. I'd just love to help this great looking project in any way possible :)

EDIT: I don't know if your previous volunteer is still active, but I guess my natural voice would rather suit the sister than a haughty toughy woman :)

Hrrrmmm...

I would be happy to help, allready sorta know my way around audacity, and Ano'Rulsia looks interesting, as long as she can be very very british.. honestly, I make the queen sound like a cockney chimneysweep when I get going :)

I always wondered about voice acting. Sounds like a lot of fun and I'd be happy to help in any way. The problem could be just my accent since I'm not native in any kind of English and have nobody to validate it ^^' If you needed some female-voice work still I could give you a mic (not sure about quality, but I think my laptop does a much better work than a mic I have) and voice sound sample. Of course the voice may change depending on a role and stuff. I'd just love to help this great looking project in any way possible :)

EDIT: I don't know if your previous volunteer is still active, but I guess my natural voice would rather suit the sister than a haughty toughy woman :)

Thanks for jumping in to volunteer to help out with the voice work, it is very much appreciated. Fortunately, I'm a lot closer to getting the lines for these individuals actually written than I was when the original volunteers chimed in (though if any of you are still about, let me know!), and with any luck I might be able to get the quests and scenarios set out within a few months.

Out of curiosity, what kind of accent do you have? Aklon's sister (if that's the part you want to go for) is actually meant to have somewhat of a different accent to his, as I had envisaged Aklon's original accent being eroded by years of travelling, so a non-english background for the voice should be fine.

Hrrrmmm...

I would be happy to help, allready sorta know my way around audacity, and Ano'Rulsia looks interesting, as long as she can be very very british.. honestly, I make the queen sound like a cockney chimneysweep when I get going :)

Hah! Since Ano'Rulsia is meant to be a noblewoman (and a somewhat haughty one), that might suit her very well indeed. Thank you as well for volunteering to jump in and do some voice acting for me.

As I mentioned to you in PM, Aryene, I'm off at a conference at the moment (hence my delay in replying) and I don't have my test lines for the parts to hand. I'll be back home in about 4 days, so give me until then and if you're both still interested in playing some parts, I'll PM you the lines as well as an email address to send the lines to.

Thanks again! :D

Thanks for jumping in to volunteer to help out with the voice work, it is very much appreciated. Fortunately, I'm a lot closer to getting the lines for these individuals actually written than I was when the original volunteers chimed in (though if any of you are still about, let me know!), and with any luck I might be able to get the quests and scenarios set out within a few months.

Out of curiosity, what kind of accent do you have? Aklon's sister (if that's the part you want to go for) is actually meant to have somewhat of a different accent to his, as I had envisaged Aklon's original accent being eroded by years of travelling, so a non-english background for the voice should be fine.

Uhm, that's actually a problem, because I have no idea whatsoever. My native language is Polish, but I've been dealing with English (hearing it) for so long my accent isn't Polish-English as you could imagine it. It's probably some unidentified mixture of whatever :)

(Though I'm going to States for 2 months this summer so it can hopefully normalize a bit there).

And yeah, the sister would probably suit me best, because my voice (as I hear it recorded anyway) sounds more like one of a young woman/girl. I can't really imagine Planar Entity sounding like that :)

And as quick as women's moods change, I don't think 4 days would be enough to give up on this, so send a sample part my way whenever you feel like it :D

Guest xburcus

Hey there,

I am finally saying something myself after all these years of following the forums, great job man!

As for what I was going to say, if you are willing to accept another applicant for voice acting for Aklon, my friend is a jazz singer who has a baritone voice, and has some experience in voice acting. I think he can offer his help. He is Turkish, but he is devoid of a Turkish accent when he speaks English, it's more like a North American speaking.

While I think, Rob, that you are probably the best one to voice Aklon because only you know what he would feel and express his emotion accurately, I still hope you can accept a sample for an alternative.

Cheers! Great project again.

Hey there,

I am finally saying something myself after all these years of following the forums, great job man!

Thanks very much Xburcus, I'm glad things are looking good, even after all this time. I hope the finished product matches expectations.

As for what I was going to say, if you are willing to accept another applicant for voice acting for Aklon, my friend is a jazz singer who has a baritone voice, and has some experience in voice acting. I think he can offer his help. He is Turkish, but he is devoid of a Turkish accent when he speaks English, it's more like a North American speaking.

Interesting. I am willing to look at other people for voicing Aklon, but one thing is that there will be an awful lot of lines to be voiced for him, which was really the main reason I was going to do it myself. When I'm closer to completion, and if your friend is up for it, I would certaily consider him to do the voicing, as long as he was happy with the possibility of a lot of work.

While I think, Rob, that you are probably the best one to voice Aklon because only you know what he would feel and express his emotion accurately, I still hope you can accept a sample for an alternative.

While I might know better about what Aklon's thinking and feeling than a voice actor, there's also the fact that I might completely suck at expressing it!

And thanks for the volunteering for voice acting Aryene and Hetaera! Please check your PM inbox, as I've sent you some lines and an email address for where to send them.

If you still need a someone for the female enitiy I would like to volunteer. I've played a couple of wicked queens in my local amateur dramatics so smug and sadistic shouldn't be too much of a problem, provided you don't mind a bit of a scottish accent.

Archived