[outdated] Bugs? Typos? Report them here.

berelinde

Version 7 is uploaded for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Version 7 restores the vampire ambush for both routes, allows the PC to return to Aster if he doesn't have 15K gold on hand at the moment, corrects that journal entry for the paladin route, and adds Chapter 3 text screens for both routes.

If you take Astor's route and enter Gaelan Bayle's area, he will force talk his line (Ye've been seen with dangerous folk...) over and over. Arledrian, on the other hand, will not attack you (which he'd do if you went to Bodhi).

Does he go through the rest of the dialogue (complete with turning hostile), or does he just stop after saying that one line and keep saying it again over and over?

Arledrian shouldn't be too tough to get sorted.

He repeats his full dialogue.

Also: prelate Wessalen has a duplicated line if you went with one of the Alternative routes and then go to him to ask for the Order's help against Bodhi (witnessed in state 33 of HPRELATE - "Ah, <CHARNAME>... I greet you on behalf of the Order of the Radiant Heart.", might happen in other paths as well).

OK, found the problem with Gaelan Bayle. Turns out that the area script for ar0311 was swapping the original CRE with a new CRE if the PC was working for Bodhi. I wasn't doing that, so weirdness ensued. I'll extend ar0311.bcs to to perform the CRE swap if the PC takes Aster's route or Malficus'. The Arledrian thing is easy enough.

I'll code this up tonight and test it soonish.

Also: prelate Wessalen has a duplicated line if you went with one of the Alternative routes and then go to him to ask for the Order's help against Bodhi (witnessed in state 33 of HPRELATE - "Ah, <CHARNAME>... I greet you on behalf of the Order of the Radiant Heart.", might happen in other paths as well).

I've been able to fix Gaelan's reaction and Arledrian's, but the business with the prelate is turning out to be harder to fix because I can't find any duplicate lines.

Do you mean that he'll keep saying the same thing if you return to him again?

If you take Astor's route, the two identical bolded replies will be shown, ditto for the Tourist route.

IF WEIGHT #11 /* Triggers after states #: 64 70 even though they appear after this state */

~Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",6)

InPartySlot(LastTalkedToBy,0)

!Global("PaladinOrder","GLOBAL",1)

ReputationGT(LastTalkedToBy,9)

Global("OrderFightBodhi","GLOBAL",0)

!Dead("c6bodhi")~ THEN BEGIN 33 // from:

SAY #53009 /* ~Ah, <CHARNAME>... I greet you on behalf of the Order of the Radiant Heart. Be welcome here in our Hall. Do you have business with the Order?~ */

IF ~Global("WorkingForBodhi","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY #53015 /* ~I do. I intend to do battle with a powerful coven of vampires here in the city and I wish to request the Order's aid.~ */ GOTO 35

IF ~Global("WorkingForBodhi","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY #53017 /* ~I do. I intend to do battle with a powerful coven of vampires here in the city and I wish to request the Order's aid.~ */ GOTO 36

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #53020 /* ~Perhaps not. Another time, Prelate.~ */ GOTO 37

IF ~Global("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",10)~ THEN REPLY #53015 /* ~I do. I intend to do battle with a powerful coven of vampires here in the city and I wish to request the Order's aid.~ */ GOTO 68

IF ~Global("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",10)~ THEN REPLY #53015 /* ~I do. I intend to do battle with a powerful coven of vampires here in the city and I wish to request the Order's aid.~ */ GOTO 69

END

ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~hprelate~ 33 ~!Global("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",10) !Global("b!tourist","GLOBAL",10)~ DO 0

Guest guest_Noban

hello,

playing version 5 here, in a big world setup

I was happy about the option for a good aligned cleric to stay true to his believes ???

yet I did run across some oddities. Some are already mentioned here, some may be fixed in the meantime,

since I don't know if, I'll mention them :

- after the initial cutscene the scenery switched back to the government district, and suddenly there were 2 Xan standing there, waiting for me to talk to him

- first talk to Aster had me with not enough gold - she send me away to come back with enough,

second talk ( with enough gold) she didn't even mention gold but asked me if I had already seen her contact

- after I had accepted her deal, I was still in chapter 2, was still in chapter 2 with Aaran and Bhodi defeated, and now at the docks of Brynnlaw it says chapter 3

- In Brynnlaw Saemon walks towards my party and that's the end - Saemon has nothing to say

walking towards the party is within his script, yet after he has reached the party he 'should' start a dialog how sorry he is, since he hates violence and all that and those vampires 'should' spawn.

That part of the script doesn't fire.

the last (forced) save before stepping of the ship has the Global Asylum plot =2

and that's my question: what to do to unstuck the game at this point

any globals or local globals that I could change / set ?

The Xan issue is completely separate. I don't reload the area script and all the changes I make use Continue(), so a dual-appearance is just a fluke.

Everything else was fixed in v7.

If you have a save from before you took the ship (you should have an autosave, at least, you may be able to fix this using the console.

If you have a save from before you went back to talk to Aster to tell her you were ready to sail, that would be best.

First, download and install v8. That will save you a world of headaches.

Second, tell me where your last save is. From there, I can tell you which variables to enter to get back on track.

Guest guest_Noban

thanks for the fast reply,

I have 2 saves that might fit the bill:

- the autosave in Brynnlaw with the team still onboard the ship after Saemon, Sime, Jan, Yoshimo and Breagar had made their speeches/comments

- a save in front of Aster just prior to talking to her for the last time

I'm a bit hesitant to overwrite my present install with v8 - it's a big world install, after all - and rumor has it that any additional installing may have unwanted results for the rest of the installed mods

Well, if you want the vampire ambush... and if you want to be able to save in Brynnlaw, you're going to have to install version 8. Just make sure you install with the game not running.

It would be easiest for you if you used the save before you talk to Aster the final time.

Open up the CLUAConsole and type in

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)

And then hit enter twice. From there on out, you should be fine.

Guest Toran

Quest: Kill Harbourmaster

A member of kerzenburg forum had following problem:

He enter the Vulova estate without the poison, so he can't finish the quest! When he come back and enter the estate with the poison all persons destroyed.

He set CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!VulovaSpawns","AR1007",0) paused the game and speak with the buttler. That helped.

Archived