Bug Reports

Hello again, thank you for fixing the errors. I have encountered yet another problem...which is quite serious, because Yoshimo isn't surviving after spell Hold.

When Saemon Havan portal my party to out side the SpellHold, Yoshimo gets instantly killed, (and without his hart dropped)

I forgot when was Yoshimo supposed to betray me exactly, but When Bohdi attacked my party at the exit, he didn't project dialog.

In fact, Yoshimo has been totally silence since I installed him.

Could you tell me what Should I do now?

Because I didn't put Imoen in my party, I'd have to travel without thief now.

I can pick up Imoen again and re-do the spell hold, but I really like to keep Yoshimo.

Let me know should you want me to give any valiables. THank you.

This was exactly what happened with me. I'm playing BG2EE and had only this mod installed. What should i do?

Finally found my login info! Anyway, I downloaded the latest version and when I unzipped it, there was no setup file inside, so I can't install the mod.

Get WeiDU from here, put the WeiDU executable on the same path as the mod's folder and rename it to setup-7c-yoshi.

All i get from this is an error message about archives.

edit: nvm figured it out

Edited by iavasechui

I'm also having a lot of problems trying to get KY to even install.

I've been playing and modding BG2 for ... like... ever since it came out, basically, and I've never had problems getting other mods to work or at least understanding why they didn't and then being able to fix them. This one though is just so opaque. There is no information about anything, nothing works at all, no one know why or what to do about it, no one can even agree what's wrong. Why is this the only mod for this game that just flat out refuses to do what it claims it does?

I can get WeiDu to attempt at least to install it, and it throws out a billion warnings before finally hitting this part and barfing all over itself:

ERROR: cannot resolve trigger 0x40de
ERROR: [AR0406.BCS] -> [override/AR0406.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Keeping Yoshimo after Spellhold], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [7C-Yoshi/Backup/5/OTHER.5]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "7C-Yoshi/Backup/5/OTHER.5")

Clearly this mod simply does not work.

I know it's "beta" and whatever, but other people have claimed to have it working and running, but they have given absolutely no useful information about how.

Closer look at the error should reveal the problem:

Translation:

When decompiling AR0406.BCS, I couldn't understand what the trigger code 0x40de means. I understand trigger codes using the TRIGGER.IDS so this code is not present there either (sidenote: 0x40de is not present in the vanilla TRIGGER.IDS as well so whatever mod you installed earlier that added this trigger to AR0406.BCS is the culprit)

(sidenote: 0x40de is not present in the vanilla TRIGGER.IDS as well so whatever mod you installed earlier that added this trigger to AR0406.BCS is the culprit)

Or it got overwritten by another mods FU notice. Aka, time to weidu change-log the "trigger.ids" -file. Or the fact that the KeepY... doesn't have the reinsurance it should, aka it doesn't make sure that the trigger.ids has the 0x40de ...

I'm also having a lot of problems trying to get KY to even install.

I've been playing and modding BG2 for ... like... ever since it came out, basically, and I've never had problems getting other mods to work or at least understanding why they didn't and then being able to fix them. This one though is just so opaque. There is no information about anything, nothing works at all, no one know why or what to do about it, no one can even agree what's wrong. Why is this the only mod for this game that just flat out refuses to do what it claims it does?

I can get WeiDu to attempt at least to install it, and it throws out a billion warnings before finally hitting this part and barfing all over itself:

ERROR Installing [Keeping Yoshimo after Spellhold], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [7C-Yoshi/Backup/5/OTHER.5]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "7C-Yoshi/Backup/5/OTHER.5")
Clearly this mod simply does not work.

I know it's "beta" and whatever, but other people have claimed to have it working and running, but they have given absolutely no useful information about how.

What the... What's that error?0x40de is HasDLC(S:DLCName*) and it's only in EE games' trigger.ids (if it's not there then your *install* is bugged), but, Keeping Yoshimo doesn't modify AR406.BCS if you're not playing EE, which makes me wonder... Is the error actually in *this* mod? D:

Also, another question, which game are you modding, and, in which OS? This is basic for troubleshooting ;p

Those two (at the least) must be getting overridden by later installed mods.

I don't know how many times I've said this, but... IF you're NOT playing Windows BG2 (be it on Wine or native), you HAVE to install THIS mod last.

Why? Because this mod modifies all the scripts and dialogs to work, by changing Yoshimo's death variable (which is done to avoid him going away in ToB), hence, you have to install it last :)

Yes, it's the most recent mod I've attempted to install. I've played through the game once or twice all the way through already with exactly the same install before attempting this one.

K.Y. is the only new mod I've tried to install in, like, ten years. And yes, it's the EE version of BG2 being run on Windblows x64

Edited by etlamodeus

Yes, it's the most recent mod I've attempted to install. I've played through the game once or twice all the way through already with exactly the same install before attempting this one.

K.Y. is the only new mod I've tried to install in, like, ten years. And yes, it's the EE version of BG2 being run on Windblows x64

Mm, I have no idea what could be causing this... Did you try making a clear install, and installing it there? I have no problems installing on BG2:EE... What mods are you using? Could you please post your WeiDU.log?

AFAIK, this is either being caused by other mod removing something from trigger.ids, or a mod overriding trigger.ids incorrectly.

It conflicts with every single EE mod which re-compile scripts. It uses overriding instead of patching ('tis an old mod!), and since it's not updated for BG(2):EE, it drops BG2's trigger.ids in your override folder and thus breaks it because WeiDU doesn't read the BG(2):EE's one, which has new triggers and stuff BG2's doesn't. Simple as that.

Just delete trigger.ids from override/ in the game's folder, and keeping Yoshimo should install.