Otiluke's Resilient Sphere

I don't trust magic resistance to stop a caster's own persistent area effect spells, and two of the wish damage spells punch through almost everything.

It's a Wish, the most powerful spell in the multiverse. It's supposed to go through anything, if worded right.

and yes, opcode 185 adds the hold icon and displays 'Held' automatically.

You could probably get rid of the redundant "Held" icon by using effect #169 and so only have the proper "Otiluke’s Resilient Sphere" show. :band:

This isn't working, so it's probably hardcoded.

Off to the archives.

IIRC, both of the upper holds have hardcoded jingles, whereas the primary paralysis effect doesn't. We have to use Hold2 in any case since it's the one that bypasses hold immunity (for the most part; there were some default resources that block it, but not many).

All you have to work with in BG is immunity to spell level, which will leave a moderately sized hole for power zero innates and such (I certainly don't recall how many of these there are.)

You'll still need to go the old route of quite a few specific effect immunities, and you'll have to handle the effects of each bypassy persistent projectile individually.

Question related to this spell, did Fixpack remove the save granted to hostile targets of this spell? Currently it seems it automatically takes effect on enemies (making for broken good crowd/battlefield control, MUCH better than Maze i.e. guaranteed to take out demigorgon for 1 turn, deal with minions, then take on demigorgon alone), ignores MR and doesn't allow a save.

Archived