BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters [In Progress]

jastey

I figure I better let you know that, since I'm also volunteering to alpha/beta test the BG1 Tweak Pack Cam has so graciously agreed to put together, I'm now registered. You should be able to e-mail me when you're ready to begin testing... :)

Thank you. I am afraid, in the German community I have the impression vanilly BG1 players died out, more or less (meaning they moved on to Tutu or BGT). Maybe my impression is wrong and they only didn't want to playtest my mod. :)

(I have testers, though, for the German version. I do not feel ignored. But it's more like "yes, I can have a look at it with my old BG1 install" instead of "yes, I am playing vanilla BG1 and am longing for new mods", so.)

I am afraid, in the German community I have the impression vanilly BG1 players died out, more or less (meaning they moved on to Tutu or BGT).

I am one of those, I play only with Tutu. :)

So, I am playing the German Tutu-Version from the Quest-Mod and he is great, and I think, you will really have a lot of fun with the Mod. :)

Slimequest... :)

Thank you for the nice words, Annalena.

Yes, slimequest will be integrated and the possible quest solutions changed a bit, to more evil options. :)

Overall, I am trying to give evil quest solutions in addition to the obligatory good ones, other than "kill all" or "get high rewards". I read complains about little possibilities to role play evil in vanilla BG1 and didn't want to do the same mistake. But, to stress that, my quests originally were designed for good PCs that want to help others, so it's still going to "make others unhappy".

But then, what do evil PCs do to be evil?

Its nice to see more Baldur's Gate mods in the works, especially quest mods.

The irony is, I count four here all at once :) . Two are still in development (a BG1 fix pack and a BG1 tweak pack), and now two for testing.

I guess what's old is new again :) .

Wow. This looks like some really cool content. I'd love to check it out.

But then, what do evil PCs do to be evil?
Heh heh heh... well, let me tell you...

Actually, I just steal everything in sight, sometimes even fencing it back to the same folks I pinched it from, the ignorant bastards. It's not really... evil. It's not good either. I've read posts about folks roleplaying evil characters in the game doing all sorts of stuff... stuff even I wouldn't think of - the Bioware forums are good for that.

But one thing I noticed is that in all of your quests (which have a "good" angle) there is an evil angle too. So there's an evil paladin terrorising someone. Well the party could side with him instead of helping his victim. And so on. Not that you should feel forced to cater to both sides, but if you're looking for an angle, it's already there for the most part.

Thank you for your interest!

I am trying to give evil quest solutions to the quests, but I have to admit that when I first designed the quests they were all for good aligned PCs (I play always good- am too friendly - not nasty enough..) For BG1 version, I am reworking two of the quests to add evil solutions atm. For the Tutu/ BGT version, I am reworking three quests, the same two as for the BG1 version, and the paladin quest will go differently. For the Tutu /BGT version, I am also working on another, a bit longer quest and NPC interjections.

The BG1 version will be a bit less developped, but still good to play for a good aligned PC, and mostly satisfying for an evil one, I hope. The neutrals always go in between, I hope they will have appropriate choices, too.

I gave up on further developping for plain BG1 game, mostly because in the German community there is more or less no one that really plays it still. All off to Tutu and BGT... (And because developping for BG1 without TotSC is a pain in the ... because of all the engine restrictions). Still I think the BG1 version is a nice addition for people that want to try Echon's Fields of the Dead, for example, as the quest mod will be compatible (spiced up with the bigg's Widescreen Mod BG1 should be nice to play again, I think.)

Proof reading is done, big thank you to berelinde!

An English beta for vanilla BG1 will be ready next week. If anyone is interested in testing I would be happy.

A question: Is anyone interested in more evil quest solutions? If at least two people say yes and that they really want to play it I will update the vanilly BG1 version. (Note, that the Tutu/ BGT version will have all evil quest solutions, and NPC-interactions).

Archived