BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters [In Progress]

jastey

If at least two people say yes and that they really want to play it I will update the vanilly BG1 version.
Yes. If you're having trouble getting the BG1 scripts to replicate the Tutu/BG2 scripting language, I can take a look at it since I've done similar stuff. Though it can be a pain if you're trying to do something complex.

Hey, interest is great!

For the update, I am waiting for WeiDU 202, since quests are already traified and I want to untraify them to work with them. (Maybe the bigg reads this. :) )

I am coding them for BG1 originally so transferring them to BGTutu isn't that hard. Thank you for the help offer, if I ever have problems with scripts I will come to you, Miloch.

Up to now, the quests are at least BG1 standard (roleplaying possibilities exist but the quest intention is good), and some already have evil quest solutions that allow proper roleplaying. But I have more ideas for evil solutions to provide better roleplaying possibilities, which have to be worked into the exising quests.

(Vanilla) BG1 beta English version is ready. If anyone is interested please PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

There is also a Tutu / BGT beta of the current status ready. It is mainly aimed at good characters, and contains no NPC interactions. It won't be a while before I will have time to develop it further, so if you want to enjoy the quests in Tutu / BGT I can send a copy to you, too.

The betas were tested for BG1 and Tutu by three persons now, but the beta status will remain, as bugs can still hide somewhere. BGT was not tested yet. If you have BGT installed and are interested to give it a try, I would be very happy indeed!

A merged version for BG1 and Tutu and BGT it is now. Compatible with BG1 (with or without TotSC), Tutu and BGT, currently two laguage versions (English and German, obviously).

If anyone is interested in testing, the download is here (the alpha is attached on the first post, sorry for the German):

http://www.rosenranken.de/index.php?topic=7647.0

Make sure you deinstall and delete former versions.

The versions are merged in a way that I only have to maintain one file for all versions (instead of three). This means that the BG1-verion will be developped and updated as will be the Tutu / BGT versions.

Does this alpha have the English translation?

Jastey, I'd love to try this out, but ...

HELP! I get a message saying that I've been banned every time I try to go to Rosenraken. Is there something that can be done to fix this? Let me know if you need my IP, I'll pm it to you.

berelinde: Yes, English version is included.

HELP! I get a message saying that I've been banned every time I try to go to Rosenraken.
Not again :(

We had this problem before, it's not "you" but some security setting of the board. It seems it hasn't been solved yet. I'll talk to the admins but it might be easier I'll get me some ftp-space somewhere.

If you'll PM me your IP, that would be great (and if you want your email address, I would send you the mod).

Sorry for that!

Banning at Rosenranken should be gone now!

BGT players: There is a bug in the version, I will correct and upload the new version as soon as possible. Please wait if you are interested in playing the mod with BGT.

Bug is corrected and new alpha 2 is uploaded (attached to the first post): http://www.rosenranken.de/index.php?topic=7647.0

Found a possible BG1 bug, for which I have to playtest. Corrected version will be uploaded soon.

Bug is corrected and new alpha 3 is uploaded (attached to the first post): http://www.rosenranken.de/index.php?topic=7647.0

Very good job, Jastey!

Congratulation on this project which seems very interesting.

I will be sure to give it a go by Christmas on a BGT game.

Thanks! :)

PS. Any advice about what place it should take in the installation order?

Thank you for the kind words, Salk!

Chev's suggestion makes sense. The mod is coded so that it a) only adds custom creatures to the game and b) ends in-game dialogue additions with COPY_TRANS. So, as long as the following mods don't overwrite the game characters' dialogues or replace area scripts installation of the quest mod should be fine. (Erm, if this helps.)

Please bear in mind the mod is still alpha for BGT, although Chev already squashed two bugs! :)

So far I've enjoyed the mod. It's on an install with Xan Friendship and some elements of the (in development) BG1 Tweak Pack.

So far, I've only one suggestion. Have a Chapter check when you have the encounter in the area north of Nashkel. If Baldur's Gate is still closed I shouldn't have the option that I'm going there.

Thank you!

So far, I've only one suggestion. Have a Chapter check when you have the encounter in the area north of Nashkel. If Baldur's Gate is still closed I shouldn't have the option that I'm going there.
What exactly are you referring to? Should the man on his way to Baldur's Gate appear later in game?

Archived