Why is the world so full of nymphos

GoblinCookie

GoblinCookie, you take the two encounters that disturb you, ignore berelinde's list of encounters that work different, forget that we are talking about the game's hero, child of a god, and start posting insults, please do it somewhere elase. Thank you.

Insults?! I never meant to insult anyone.

I was merely suggesting that a more detailed variety of "go away' encounters, from the more polite to the utterly insulting would add a great deal to this MOD at times. While bieng somewhat amusing.

But I've made my point anyway now.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at.

RE isn't about love or real life romances. While some encounters -are- romantic, most are basically about meeting, flirting and sleeping with someone. About sex. That's what its all about and that's alright! I don't want to be insulting here, but if you're too much of a prude for that, just stay away from RE.

There's plenty of good, well-written, romanceable NPC's out there for you to romance if you don't want to feel like a hunk o' meat to a bunch of "Nymphos".

If you still wish to play the mod in some of its components, however there are a few that annoy or insult you etc, simply do not install them in the setup application.

As was stated earlier, the mod gives a very clear warning in the Readme as to the content you can be expecting and you are NOT obliged to do an all or nothing scenario. ;)

Meh, anyways the mod is still ever getting... um... improved? yeah that'll do. ;)

I can see what you mean by more 'polite' an ending to the whole encounter outside of flirts or sex that is. But as Kuylok said the project is not done by one author alone and therefore there will be differences in how that is handled.

If you can come up with some good exit lines and the like to add the sort of feel you felt was missing, I'm sure they'll be considered (can't guarantee implementation).

Anyways again, everyone was warned as to the content of the mod so again if you wish to avoid something, don't install that part. If you wish to avoid it all, skip it all.

That simple. ;)

Anyways thanks for at least sharing your opinion GoblinCookie, I'd just recommend a bit more caution with the phrasing next time. :wub:

Edit: Last sentence added

GoblinCookie, my apologies for my outburst. What I actually wanted to say was:

You accuse RE mod to deal with nymphos, that throw themselfes onto the PC and only want to have sex.

You get shown, that this mod is different, for many encounters, and that you picked the two ones where the mod character simply are exactly that: people that want to have sex with the PC (nymphos, as they do exist in the real world.)

You state again that the mod deals with nymphos, and start mocking it should be called "Nymphos of Faerun".

I got the sincere impression that you didn't care to listen. There are encounters that don't deal with sex at all, encounters that don't necessarily have to lead to sex, although they might, and there are the ones you call nympho encounters.

Maybe I am overreacting, but I never could stand it if people didn't seem to listen to what they were told. Good thing Kulyok seems to see more in your post and got some inspiration from it, because I didn't.

GoblinCookie, be glad RE works properly for you. My setup utterly rejected it.

At least I've still got the textfiles.

What? You should say something! What went wrong?

It was the weirdest thing. It might've been install placement (I sandwiched it between D0Tweaks/Oversight and Flirtpack/BG2 Tweaks, near the end of my order, for testing purposes), but my setup completely freaked out. NPCs disappeared, robe .bams were replaced by their hideous BG1 counterparts...who knows what else happened (none of my saves were further than chapter 3).

It was awful. I had to uninstall it and delete my saves to clear everything up.

Didn't actually take serious notice of it until about a week ago, when I pulled myself away from Morrowind (addictive!), signed up for Luxley testing, and settled down to refresh my memory.

I have no idea why this happened, when it seems to be working out on other peoples' installs, but you're no stranger to installing mods, and you know what you're doing. I think you should definitely put a link to it in the "bugs" area. It might be nothing, but it's definitely worth looking into.

Sheri the Bardess is not an "easy lay." She and my male protagonist got together in private, and got friendly with each other, but then she backed out when we were about to do "the deed" *L* I found it amusing, and if it happens that way in another game, I'll see if I can return to her later to complete our encounter :)

I enjoy the mod, and it works perfectly in my configuration.

Happy gaming,

Eric

Cool!

Yep, there are ways out almost everywhere for PC to back out, but no self-respecting Bardess gives herself over for any old Bhaalspawn... she has lots of ways to back out, too. There are opportunities for you to talk your way back into her good graces, but the biggest opportunities for that are if you are being a jerk early on and then reform (hint - dancing is a good thing). I would have to look at the code again, but if you act (to her mind) like a jerk just before the consummation, then she should act appropriately, and take off.

Seriously, I've got this Mod and I spend most of my time bumping into the resident nymphos that seem to now infest the game.

The impression I am getting is that there is an aweful lot of nymphos, many of whom don't really seem to take "Not interesting in that way" for an answer.

It's a realism tweak. This new feature of the game more accurately mirrors real life. If you're me.

Seriously, I've got this Mod and I spend most of my time bumping into the resident nymphos that seem to now infest the game.

The impression I am getting is that there is an aweful lot of nymphos, many of whom don't really seem to take "Not interesting in that way" for an answer.

It's a realism tweak. This new feature of the game more accurately mirrors real life. If you're me.

I can vouch for this one.

I cannot count the number of times I have offered myself to SimDing0.

Archived