Two typos

Ascension64

In a Tiax/Xan banter (Xan-initiated), Xan says "Seldarine, there is a destiny worst than death"

Shouldn't that be worse?

And in a Xan flirt (PC-initiated, running your fingers through his hair), it's as follows: "Instead, what piles on the top of Xan's hand closely resembles a raven's nest."

I think it's on the top of his head. :)

Thank you! Noted - I will be starting a development version tomorrow, and will begin a separate thread to show what has been implemented.

I think for this version, I am going to keep most materials out in the open, and move only internal discussions to do with permissions, etc. into the workroom - at this point in time, having a whole community troubleshoot the project is a big advantage.

At this point of development, there is no aspect of anyone's code that has not been rchecked, touched, retested, and tweaked by multiple hands. Noone's pride is hurt by finding a glitch, because most of the top people in IE modding have gone through the code. We are now on the never-ending quest for perfection!

yep - the whole "neverending quest for perfection" thing with something this big is definitely frustrating - but it can be fun. Sometimes. And the end result is always cool - folks getting what you authors intended in the first place :)

Just starting my first run-through with this mod as a part of going through the entire series; very much appreciate what you are trying to achieve, and hoping to have a good time! Have a nitpick with the first Elminster dialog with Imoen:

Imoen: Heh, I... or do I need ta say "Ti"? I mean if "you" is "thou"... or was it "thee"? Uhm... in any case I'm not desperate and not deranged. I'm excited! I am going to be a famous adventurer, like Elminster!

Elminster: *Smiles from behind his moustaches* Thou art a spirited girl, Imoen. Now what of thy companion?~

Moustaches? I'm not sure if an 's' belongs here, and I always thought Elminster had more of a beard..

On a tangent: I've been finding the *emotes* in general pretty jarring - vanilla BG dialog tends to have almost none of them. This one is probably the first you encounter on a regular playthrough, and I don't think it's doing much - it is visually clear that the man has a beard, and the tone of his dialog already implies his mood. I also think that Imoen comes across a bit too hard early on with the "Whee! I'm an adventurer!" thing. She's supposed to be cheerful, but it's almost a caricature.

Getting off topic though, and I'm sure things like this have been covered.. Keep up the good work.

Archived