IWD2 SetVisualRange()

Per the IESDP https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/scripting/actions/iwd2actions.htm

This action sets the visual range for all creatures in an current area to the specified value. The action does not affect the party.

I suspect this action actually is specific to the creature using it; it is primarily used in cutscenes and seems to be actor-specific. Additionally, the player character can make use of it via an AI script.

When used on the player character, it functions similarly to EE opcode 262 (Visual Range) but is not capped. IWD2 scripts use values of 0 (blind), 25 and 99/100. The value 25 corresponds approximately to the limit of opcode 262. Greater values work but are subject to LOS and can lead to visual fog-of-war glitches if not used in open areas (nothing blocking LOS).

If the player character uses a value of 0 or 1, no other NPCs will be rendered as the fog of war will cover everything. (They can still see you, of course.)

Just mentioning this because the way the description is worded I thought I wouldn't be able to use it. Naturally, I tried it anyway.

Edit: just to clarify it does affect everyone, but it also affects the party (if they use it anyway) by extending the fog of war out so you can see further. Of course, the enemies benefit likewise.

Edited by Endurium