PnP Celestials critique request

Caedwyr

Galatygon has made a generous offer to do some more work on the PnP Celestials scripts, and so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask the players what they would prefer changed. Are certain spells cast too often? A deva spends all its time buffing and not fighting? Fire away and let me know what could be improved.

A second issue, is the cleric spell selection for the Planetar. They are considered level 12ish clerics with a wisdom of 21, and have major access to all spheres. I chose a selection of memorized spells that I felt complimented their innate abilities (probably don't want to double up abilities too much), but if others have suggestions for what they would like to see memorized instead, then fire away.

Thirdly, if there is some animation or sound effect that you feel is out of place, or just loathe, then let me know. If I can be convinced, then I may try to change it.

Without spending too much time, the following:

1. Divas can call planetars.

2. The limit on numbers seems to have been removed.

3. The weapon for the celestials can be seen on the selection screen - I think changing the gender can change this problem?

4. This mod unbalances the game difficulty because 1 Diva and 1 Planetar can kill anything. Multiple planetars = carnage. Perhaps there is a reason the were originally underpowered?

1,2,3 Are all intended, or side effects that I don't have much of an interest in changing. Changing them is something I'm just not interested in. Thanks for the comment though. :blush:

4: What exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean that you can choose which weapon to use on the skills bar at the bottom of the screen? If so, it is intended since these celestials do use specific weapons.

This mod unbalances the game difficulty because 1 Diva and 1 Planetar can kill anything. Multiple planetars = carnage. Perhaps there is a reason the were originally underpowered?

2 summoned celestials lay waste to a dragon in no time flat. Who needs Mordenkainen's Sword anymore? :rolleyes:

Personally, I would not recommend this mod to someone who was playing SoA/ToB for the first time around. Because, yes, it does make the game way too easy. I still think you should take your licks and play "the hard way" at least once all the way through before you start tweaking.

A deva spends all its time buffing and not fighting?

They do throw out a lot of buffs, maybe more than is actually required since Shed was correct in saying multiple celestials can kill just about anything, including Melissan in ToB. That's essentially how I finished off that final battle, by summoning a celestial and a couple mordenkainen swords before each round, throwing in an elemental and/or golem for good measure.

The really nice part is that (I think) movanic devas cast the wish spell before battle (or is it planetars? I never stopped to ask) and the dao they summon can give your whole group invincibility, which certainly saves a lot of buffing time, and also keeps a group from getting wasted within the first 20 seconds of a dragon fight.

I didn't have any problem with divas standing around looking pretty when my group was getting decimated. They hold aggro very well, and this *is* the reason they are summoned, to take the brunt of the attack.

I thought it might be nice if they cast the occassional heal/ressurect on party members during battles, but then that would make them just way too uber. Perhaps if they threw out the occassional heal on the CASTER, it might be good.... *shrug* ... then again, we're back to the same argument of "they are way overpowered and kill everything so fast, so why would the party need heals in the first place, right?"

I think the problem isn't the mod... the game is just too easy after you've played it 15 times :D

Archived