Yoshimo and Hendak

KIrving

When my pc chose to go to bed with Hendak, for the first time, I also had Yoshimo's second (game of dice) talk happen. I chose the options for a tryst for tomorrow evening and it went straight into,

Yoshimo - (As you are beginning to drift away, you hear soft tapping on your door.)

Then I had Yoshimo's interlude, morning after and then Hendak's morning after. My pc could be in two places at once, it seems, and boy did she find that time goes by fast when you're having fun.

I think, at this stage I'll just go to an earlier save and play through Yoshimo before approaching Hendak with suggestions.

Well, yeah, your Bhaalspawn is a little too intense, I suppose. ??? I guess it is not unrealistic to bed too guys at once, though, yes, a little confusing. She could always refuse Yoshimo, if she prefers Hendak; or go into another tavern for Yoshimo, or vice versa.

(And, as we mentioned before, imagine if Anomen and Kelsey decided to have THAT talk at the time, too!)

Two possibilities:

1. We add a timer to every "nighttalk", for all "triggered at rest" encounters, to prevent these things.

2. We add a "can't you see I am busy?!" respond to the encounters. ???

OK, probably not #2, but mayby #1? EDIT: That wouldn't prevent other's NPCs nighttalks from happening, that is true. Maybe better this "general timer for nighttalks" idea you had, Kulyok.

Well, yeah, your Bhaalspawn is a little too intense, I suppose. I guess it is not unrealistic to bed too guys at once, though, yes, a little confusing.

Yes, a bit of a head spin for my pc but not too weird.

I was wondering though, whether the Yoshimo sleeping with conversation happening immediately after the playing dice one (rather than the next evening/sleep) was something of a bug?

Granted, initially, I went back to a previous save a few times and tried just the Yoshimo part without the Hendak sleep and couldn't get it to replicate.

I then tried it a few times with the Hendak sleeping with and, although I always got the Yoshimo conversation, I only got the conversation and Yoshimo sex bit together on one more occasion. Whatever was happening was very intermittent and I couldn't pin it down to any particular combination of responses.

Hope I'm making sense and it was no biggie anyway. ???

1. We add a timer to every "nighttalk", for all "triggered at rest" encounters, to prevent these things.

That's what I am hoping for, yes. Unfortunately, CamDawg said 'no' to addding this timer thing to Tweaks, saying it would be better for Crossmod. It might appear in one of the future Crossmod versions, though I still think Tweaks is the best place for it, seeing how dream events collide in the original, unmodded game.

I was wondering though, whether the Yoshimo sleeping with conversation happening immediately after the playing dice one (rather than the next evening/sleep) was something of a bug?

Yoshimo's conversations only happen on rest, and are separated by a very small(100) timer just in case. They should not trigger on the same rest, no.

I guess that what might happen is that you trigger a conversation with Yoshimo, then you stand with him and read this conversation for a long, long time(several minutes, say) by which time the short timer expires, and the next dialogue triggers. I think in this (rare) case, even a small timer makes no difference, unless it is changed to 1000 or something - and this can potentially hamper a game/delay important game events.

My only concern would be for encounters where the party is teleported into another area, like Aime's. If her timer beat somebody else's, no big deal, party pays for the room, sleeps, encounter happens normally. If Viconia's timer beats Aime's, party rests, but no Aime showing up. And when the PC went over to talk to Aime, who would still be there the next morning, to ask her why she never showed up, what would she say? I certainly never wrote anything for that scenario. Or maybe we'd just get bug reports that our encounters don't work.

If Viconia's talk triggers, Aimi will still bugger PC at rest - it will be just like the just described Hendak-Yoshimo thing: Hendak's rest dialogue, Hendak's morning dialogue, and Yoshimo encounter in the middle. ???

Yes, certainly, Aimi has an area script check - it was very neatly coded.

As for the explanations, I suppose Aimi-Viconia would be very easy to explain; for me, at least: Aimi saw PC retreating to his room with a beautiful, lush drow female on his arm, and decided to try her chances later.

Or, if you would like to, you could write some additional Aimi-Viconia-Jaheira-Aerie reactions. I don't believe every mod and dog will be cross-referencing, however: with Xan's and Gavin's drunken nights, for one, when they retreat with the PC, no one ever notices, and it makes sense - PC is not being spied upon all the time.

I'm not going to worry about it too much. After all, folks are probably used to seing a bit of night-time weirdness with more mods using night-talks.

I'd be more inclined to add something to Aimi's dialogue to reflect that the encounter might not have happened.

IF ~Global("loganjob2","GLOBAL",2) Global("RE_TalkedToAimi","GLOBAL",1) Gender(Player1,MALE) Global("RE_AimiVisit","GLOBAL",0)~ m4
SAY ~Hello again, my lord! Was there anything you wanted?~
++ ~You.~ DO ~SetGlobal("RE_AimiFlirt","GLOBAL",1)~ + m4.1
++ ~Are there any rooms available?~ + m4.2
++ ~How about a drink?~ + m4.3
++ ~Anywhere a person can go to meet people?~ + m4.4
++ ~What was your name again?~ + m4.5
++ ~Now that we're alone, how about showing me a little gratitude?~ DO ~SetGlobal("RE_AimiFlirt","GLOBAL",1)~ + m4.6
+ ~Global("RE_AimiVisit","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~You said you would come to my room, didn't you?~ + m4.22
++ ~No, thanks.~ + m4.7
END

IF ~~ m4.22
SAY ~Oh, I wouldn't miss it for the world! I just haven't been able to get away yet.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

It works for the needy PC who keeps checking in on her, and for the PC who is finding out why the hells she never showed up.

No, I don't know if I'll be adding Aerie/Jaheira/Viconia reactions to that one. As far as they can see, the PC was just talking to the waitress, which is hardly an exceptional event in a bar.

Archived