Trigger "Exists"

Salk

Hello!

The IESDP says that a "dead creature can still be counted as existing". Can someone elaborate on this? Under what circumstances would that happen? Does it apply only to some very specific creatures?

I wanted to use this:

!Exists(LastAttackerOf(Player1))

but now I fear my script won't return true because LastAttackerOf(Player1) has been killed but it still exists somehow.

I can't use

OR(2)
 Died(LastAttackerOf(Player1))

either because from what I understand, the second line will return true only if LastAttackerOf(Player1) died in the last script round.

I should use "Dead", I think, but it wouldn't accept LastAttackerOf(Player1) as argument.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm in the process of updating Game Over Only on Party Dead and I am trying to fix some outstanding issues (game over because of been slain and ability or level drain).

Ardanis coded it but his modding time is now very reduced and perhaps non existent so I must make do with what I can do myself (which is not much).

The death by opcode 55 should be now taken care of (most cases, at least), the ability drain (Intelligence) is perhaps solved thanks to a workaround (using polytope's PnP's Mind Flayers Attack) but for the level drain all I can do is to use a hacky script that puts CHARNAME out of harm's way... and only temporarily.

Anyway what I thought of doing was this (it's in baldur.bcs):

IF
   Global("#GBhaalHP1","GLOBAL",2)
   Died(LastAttackerOf(Player1))  
THEN
RESPONSE #100
   ActionOverride(Player1,SetGlobal("#GGONE","LOCALS",1))
   Continue()
END 

and then...

IF
   Global("#GBhaalHP1","GLOBAL",2)
   OR(2)
    TriggerOverride(Player1,Global("#GGONE","LOCALS",1))
THEN 
RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("#GBhaalHP1","GLOBAL",0)
    ActionOverride(Player1,SetGlobal("#GGONE","LOCALS",0))
END

Archived