Piece of trash

Guest guest1

Installed it only because it is included in BWP normal setup. It makes life hell if you start playing from the start of Baldur's Gate. Not only AC is higher but dexterity penalties make AC sky rocket, all for small damage resistance. What the point is in 25% misile resistance if in splint mail I got AC of 6 (vs 0 in normal version) and got hit by goblin archers ALL the time. With potions rebalanced and monsters not, when mob uses say potion of defence you better flee and sleep, because you will miss him all the time and he will hit you all the time. Numbers are obviously made randomly like "hmm plate mail is heavier than chain mail, so I will put +5% resistance" not checked in calculations, what balance are you talking about? You end up with MITHRIL Field Plate that have 3! dexterity penalty. Does it make sense to you?

PS Captcha is retardly generated

I can see where the OP is coming from. Percentage damage resistances are pretty pointless as it's not how armour works and isn't very useful in game.

Good protection model should be based on damage threshold and bypass. The AC model in AD&D seems to be an abstraction of both.

Somewhat disagreed. A small fixed damage reduction in the 3E/IWD2 style would complement the percentage reduction very well. But since engine limitations do not allow this, discussing it is pretty pointless.

The mod is more comfortable at higher enchantment levels, I'll say that.

youtube -video
Yep, but the man didn't actually hit himself hard enough to damage himself, no need to wonder why.

Yes, it might seem as he was hitting hard, but human is not build to hit themselves, as that would be harmful for the offspring, but humans are build to hit others. Similar things can be said about the items used, the knives were knives, not daggers or short swords that can be used to piece the armor. And there needs to be sufficient materials to absorb the transfered energy(in the form of blunt damage), which of course makes the armor heavy.

A 100 kg's of wooden boards can take a lot of blunt damage as long as the speed of the projectile stays under the human melee standards, as the force is mostly about momentum, not the speed of the impact(guns)... where smaller-harder-more-brittle materials are far better when they are surrounded in mesh of elastic materials(example: bullet-proof-wests ).

youtube -video
Yep, but the man didn't actually hit himself hard enough to damage himself, no need to wonder why.

Yes, it might seem as he was hitting hard, but human is not build to hit themselves, as that would be harmful for the offspring, but humans are build to hit others. Similar things can be said about the items used, the knives were knives, not daggers or short swords that can be used to piece the armor.

You can cut yourself quite badly with a sharp knife, stabbing isn't advised too. And that guy suffered no damage. No damage, not, 85% of damage from stabs and 65% damage from slashes.

Also, good luck with stabbing a trained fighter hard enough to make one of those links break and have the weapon penetrate deep enough to do any sensible damage (i.e. without it for example, penetrating a few cm into flesh instead of impaling the guy) without immobilising him first.

A 100 kg's of wooden boards can take a lot of blunt damage as long as the speed of the projectile stays under the human melee standards, as the force is mostly about momentum, not the speed of the impact(guns)... where smaller-harder-more-brittle materials are far better when they are surrounded in mesh of elastic materials(example: bullet-proof-wests ).

Which is why mail is used for anti-stab vests.

Guest Guest2

Unfortunately BWP made me install this mod. Now custom NPCs can't equip their own unique armor. It's total bullshit. Plz don't mod ever again.

Unfortunately BWP made me install this mod.
:cool:?

The BWP installer is designed for customization. Please check that documentation, and uninstall the mod if it does not appeal to you. In a standard install, it is as simple as running the installer again; with BWP (especially if you have bif'd the final install) it may require some extra work, but is certainly possible.

On the "custom NPCs can't equip their own armor", can we get some specific feedback for erik? What NPC's? Using what tweaks (seeing as a "blind" BWP install, not making any informed choices, is bound to install tweaks the end-user is not aware they are using)? What other mods are installed (weidu.log)?

All of that would help you explore the issue, get resolution, and let you play your game. (Plus, it avoids negative communication that may simply be PEBKAC, and makes it more likely you will be listened to instead of politely and cheerfully ignored :grin: )

Archived