Bug reports in v30

The cre likely has too many scripts assigned to them already, and the installer can then go into further to extend the scripts it already has.

Too many scripts? This is the only AI enhancement I installed.... What will happen to those creatures? Do you recommend uninstalling something?

I have installed SCS 30 with hotfixes many times, all without issue. I did a new install of BG2EE 2.3 and have come across a problem installing the component:

Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30

All other components install fine, but I worry that missing this core component will invalidate some of SCS changes.

From the debug file, the problem seems to be this:

MSECTYPE.2DA [spellShield] already present! Skipping!

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[./override/spwi519.spl] loaded, 10594 bytes

ERROR: cannot convert spellshieldheader_0 or %spellshieldheader_0% to an integer

ERROR: [spwi519.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state

Any advice?

...the installer can then go into further to extend the scripts (one of the .cre's assigned scripts)it already has.

What will happen to those creatures?

Do you recommend uninstalling something?

The first question was already answered before you asked it... the .bcs scripts the .cre has assigned in it's offsets 0x0248-0x0268.

And the second is a definite no. As the text is technically part of normal debug.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I have installed SCS 30 with hotfixes many times, all without issue. I did a new install of BG2EE 2.3 and have come across a problem installing the component:
Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30
All other components install fine, but I worry that missing this core component will invalidate some of SCS changes.
From the debug file, the problem seems to be this:
MSECTYPE.2DA [spellShield] already present! Skipping!
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/spwi519.spl] loaded, 10594 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert spellshieldheader_0 or %spellshieldheader_0% to an integer
ERROR: [spwi519.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
Any advice?

I would add that I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling SCS30 multiple times this afternoon, and the first core component still does not install. Everything else installs ok.

Does SCS work without this component at all?

...the installer can then go into further to extend the scripts (one of the .cre's assigned scripts)it already has.

What will happen to those creatures?

Do you recommend uninstalling something?

The first question was already answered before you asked it... the .bcs scripts the .cre has assigned in it's offsets 0x0248-0x0268.

And the second is a definite no. As the text is technically part of normal debug.

So, to sum up, those error messages are not a problem, aren't they? They don't break SCS enemies in any way, right? (i.e., they will get the appropriate kit/proficiencies/spells/hit points/etc... in any case, correct?)

BG:EE. So, I'm able to complete the installation (v30 + SR fix) but some components install with WARNINGS (smarter general AI, tougher chapter-X end battle,....). The error messages from the terminal stated something like: "....failed to apply general AI patch to creature x...." -> this means that some creatures will not receive kit/proficiencies and the like, right?

Before SCS I installed: Unfinished business, Item Revision, Spell Revision, Divine Remix, Rogue Rebalancing, Tome & Blood, Faiths and Powers, Might and Guile, CDTweaks, Scales of Balance. I know that there may be some compatibility issues with Divine Remix, but I get the same error messages even without that mod....

Do you know what's wrong?

I have a copy of BGEE with all of those mods installed (on an iPad, to boot) and they all work together just fine, including SCS. (You didn't install the DR sphere system, right? Just kits?)

So there's no inherent problem here. Are you using SR v4 beta 15? Are you using kreso's "Revised SCS?" Those are what I use, as I say they installed well and are working well.

I have a copy of BGEE with all of those mods installed (on an iPad, to boot) and they all work together just fine, including SCS. (You didn't install the DR sphere system, right? Just kits?)

So there's no inherent problem here. Are you using SR v4 beta 15? Are you using kreso's "Revised SCS?" Those are what I use, as I say they installed well and are working well.

I didn't install the DR sphere system, just some kits.

I'm using Spell Revision "v4 beta 15", SCS "v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility" and following your installation order -> as a result, some components of SCS install with WARNINGS.

I found out that if I simply install IR, SR and RR, then SCS installs fine.

Now I'll keep adding mods one at a time until I trigger the errors.... Seriously, I can't understand what's going wrong....

EDIT: immediately after installing IT v4 beta 10, I deleted all the CE*INV.BAM and CE*INV.PLT files from the override folder (because they cause a visual bug in the Inventory Screen of half-elfs and elfs). Anyway, this should not affect SCS in any way, so it's definitely something else....

Edited by Luke

"Installed with warnings" will generally not cause problems, it's probably just an informational warning. So if that's it, don't worry.

If the initialize component won't install, then that's a problem.

You could always move spwi519 out of /override, install SCS, then put it the .spl file back into /override afterward.

"Installed with warnings" will generally not cause problems, it's probably just an informational warning. So if that's it, don't worry.

Are you sure?

Have a look at the following (I get several messages of this type...)

hwsi5qbizi12.png

Edited by Luke

If the initialize component won't install, then that's a problem.

You could always move spwi519 out of /override, install SCS, then put it the .spl file back into /override afterward.

Thanks subtledoctor . This is what I was afraid of. I think I will go ahead and do another full clean reinstall of BG2. I am afraid something may have become corrupted. Hopefully this will solve the problem since I ran SCS fine in the past.

The only recent change I have done is an upgrade of CD Tweaks from version 3 to version 4. I doubt this is the issue, but reinstalling should probably clarify things.

Have a look at the following (I get several messages of this type...)

Oh yeah those are not what I was thinking of. Those are bad warnings. Worth trying to troubleshoot, rather than just play.

I sent you a PM at forums.beamdog.com containing my WeiDU.log and Stratagems.debug