Slight annoyance with Deheriana

Guest Covdrummer

Guest Covdrummer

Hey, just thought i would point something out with deheriana. whenever she takes damage her getting hit speech comes on really loud compared to the other voices, and its always her saying a word/sentence rather than just a noise. it just came to my attention fully when she got hit with insect plague and every second all i got was her response, that i had to turn off the sound until the plague had worn off.

I think it is great that she speaks elvish. However, as some have pointed out, something is wrong with her audiofiles, and they can scare the hell out of you if she gets damaged when you are very immersed in the game :) some notes:

- Kivans audiofiles are in mono, whilst Deherianas are in stereo. This alone sounds weird in the game.

- She has *much* louder audio files than Kivan (or any other character in the game)

So when I play BG with some volume on my 5.1 setup, as soon as we enter a battle where she takes damage, I have to almost turn off the volume completely.

Can this be fixed? She is voiced so beautifully! I love everything about her otherwise :D

Noted. I will evaluate the volume of Deheriana's voiced lines and remix them if necessary. I don't disbelieve you! I just need to verify the current level before making the adjustments.

If there are other corrections to be made, this is the appropriate forum for reporting issues. Like all G3 mods, "Kivan and Deheriana" is actively maintained.

Thank you for looking into it! :) I know it sounds like a very minor problem, but it is more immersion breaking than one can think. It's a shame especially when she has such a good voicing :D

On that same note of her audio files; it's tempting to ask if her "took damage" voice file could be replaced with something else. I mean, it's a shame when it's so well voiced, but she is saying that same line over and over at every damage taken, which gets annoying real fast :p

Or maybe a delay can be put somehow, so that she does not say it all the time? I would not know if it is possible. But it's not really a problem, more of a nitpicky question :)

And yes, I saw your post at SHS. I'm glad this mod is still maintained, because it is one of the better NPC mods. I will post another thread later with problems I have had with it.

Or maybe a delay can be put somehow, so that she does not say it all the time? I would not know if it is possible. But it's not really a problem, more of a nitpicky question :)

Isn't this a an option in-game? Something in the feedback-menu or some such (it might be it only concerns selection sounds though).

And yes, I saw your post at SHS. I'm glad this mod is still maintained, because it is one of the better NPC mods. I will post another thread later with problems I have had with it.

I don't think berelinde would mind if you also posted any praise you might feel relevant, and not only problems :D:p

Isn't this a an option in-game? Something in the feedback-menu or some such (it might be it only concerns selection sounds though).

Well, it also concerns actions you tell the character to perform :) But in this case it won't help. The line i'm talking about is when she gets hit (the "ah!" "oh!" etc for other characters) and as far as I know, you can't toggle those in game. And i'm not sure that I would want to. It's just that Deheriana says a single line, upon every hit. The threadstarter had a good example with insect plague, where it can get annoying :)

I don't think berelinde would mind if you also posted any praise you might feel relevant, and not only problems ;):D

Yeah gotcha ;D i'm just trying to be resourceful you know :)

Actually, I planned on doing mod updates Sunday, but an early-season snowstorm, a yard full of downed branches and a tumble that resulted in a dislocated shoulder made it necessary to postpone revisions. Soon, though. I'll probably start with Crossmod fixes, but Kivan won't be too far behind.

...an early-season snowstorm, a yard full of downed branches and a tumble that resulted in a dislocated shoulder...

Woah, some weekend eh?

It's at least good that nothing more serious happened to the shoulder :) I hope you recover well.

Archived