SOA or SOA and TOB

kain

hi

i really am looking forward to this mod im not sure if this is answered im any of the other threads but is the mod going to be just a SOA part and TOB included in the future or will both SOA and TOB parts be included in the first release by the way are there any plans on including a child to the mod in any context, epliouge or other wise

thanx

Be nice, Loke. :suspect:

Though we are planning bits and pieces of the ToB portion of the mod, what is in the current build is SoA content-only, and we plan to release the SoA portion once it is completed. After that, we'll focus on adding the ToB portion of the mod. I'll let Bri address the issue of cubs... er, kids.

Heh, I've seen both words used for wolves Icelus, but the general preference is cubs, leaving pups for domesticated dogs.

And there will be a chance to discuss about children in ToB. However, no one has to worry that we will pull an Aerie fast track 1 week pregnancy bit in game.

If it happens it will be more along the lines of what Kelsey did, where you could speak with Del and the subject of kids comes up. As a result, the answers will alter the epilogues.

Guest Pekka

It was a good idea to have a child in the Aerie romance - but it would have been a better one if the baby had only appeared in the epilogue.

I wonder how long the pregnancy of a lycanthrope like Delainy lasts? And what kind of mutant would the child (cub?) be? Half-Werewolf? Is 'lycanthropy gene' recessive or dominant? Chromosome X or Y? :suspect:

Anyways, it's been almost two years since I last played BG2. A couple of weeks ago I was surfing the net and happened to find BG modding communities. "Oh my God!" I thought. "They are creating whole new worlds for this superb CRPG! Heck, I've been living in a closet!"

This Delainy mod seems to me the most interesting mod in development, so I'm very much looking forward to it. The dialogues are great. I even installed BG2 again, and I rarely do this with old games, so you have influenced me greatly with your work. It's like meeting again a long-lost friend, I didn't remember the game was this good. So keep up the modding business!

The children of a female werewolf are always werewolves, and considered "true lycanthrope". This means they aren't bound by the phase of the moon to change, nor are they required to kill.

The children of a male werewolf with a normal woman are always human, although upon reaching adolescence, the children have a 10% chance of becoming lycanthropes. Though such children are prone to be more violent, get mental illness, etc. (like a Child of Bhaal, perchance?)

As for pregnancy, for werwolf mothers, they tend to make a den and raise a litter of 5-10 cubs in hybrid form. Infant mortality tends to be high, with 2-4 never surviving cubhood. Cubs grow at the same rate as humans for the first five years. By the sixth year, they attain 60% of their growth. At this point they develop the ability to transform into other forms, and are mature at age 10. The lifespan of werewolves are similar to that of humans.

And Pekka, don't feel to bad. It's beenabout a year and a half since I found the communities as well. It gave a whole new lease of life to a game I already loved.

I would highly suggest you look at Icelus lists in one of the forums up above to get all the locales of places with mods. Some of them have new characters, some new items, etc.

You can find it here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...t=0entry12320

Thank you for the link, it seems there are HUGE amounts of mods available! I also decided to join this forum, I've been a member in certain wargaming communities (call it professional interest, 16 years in the military :suspect:) but never before in a CRPG community. What better place there is to observe the development of these marvelous mods?

Damn, all this modding going on for years right under my nose and I had no idea...I'm getting too old for this!

Be nice, Loke. :suspect:

Though we are planning bits and pieces of the ToB portion of the mod, what is in the current build is SoA content-only, and we plan to release the SoA portion once it is completed. After that, we'll focus on adding the ToB portion of the mod. I'll let Bri address the issue of cubs... er, kids.

Hmm... I think mayhap I will wait until the ToB portion of the mod is done and released before I play this mod. I can pass the time playing as a powermad vampire mage/monk in Morrowind. Ahh, the wonders of porphyrric hemophilia (vampirism).

Uriel

Guest Keltosh

hmm .. just to ask ..

You said you would do a new version of Tashia too, Bri. Do you plan to do it before or after the delainy TOB portion?

Well things are a little up in the air about Tashia at the moment, but the plan was to finish her before ToB. See, all the written material is done. It's been posted. It just needs someone to code it. I even had new jokes picked out and saved somewhere for ToB for Tashia.

And barring the four months in which nothing seemed to happen, Del's ToB won't take the near year it is approaching (the end of June would be month 10. That said, there is a lot of material, if I do say so myself, for Del in SoA).

Thank for the inof. I dunno whether to be sad or happy cause.. i really love tashia (more interesting than Aerie, or even Jaheira) but.. i also WANT to play Del soon ;) Awww... what should i hope for...

I know I've said it before, but the Del writing IS nearing completion.  There are only 3-4 more core lovetalks I wish to do.  There is a bunch of side issues, but they won't be nowhere near as hard.

Thanks Keltosh. I do promise somehow Tashia will be updated, but as I said over at the other boards, Delainy is my main concern. Now, if some one wanted to take what I had written and code it up, for example, they more than have my permission to do so, even altering it to make it fit in with the rest of the Tashia module if necessary.

Archived