Aran Linvale: Failed Pickpocket

I'm playing a game here where after getting the quest from Aran Linvale to find Mook, I pickpocketed Aran and failed. All the thieves guild and eventually Aran redcircle me. I've joined the Thieves and the Vampires will have nothing to do with me. Arkanis Gath will not appear.

Has this bug been fixed already?

That's why I consider Rogue Rebalancing mod to be invaluable. Not due to the class changes or AI, stellar as they are, but for the way they handle pickpocket fails. Redcircling (nice word :) ), on a failed stealing attempt is beyond stupid. :mad:

Absolutely seconded. Revised Thievery is without a doubt a "must have".

Bug ?

So you pissed off the mafia/whatever and the police/military... your life is at it's end, pall. What makes you think you could survive the first assault they would send your way ?

Because I have the Cloak of the Seldarine with backstab capability, lots of summons, and am generally awesome at being a tactical CHARNAME.

and am generally awesome at being a tactical CHARNAME.

K, I'll take your word ...

Because I have the Cloak of the Seldarine with backstab capability,

Yeah, this might work ...

lots of summons,

Ouh, darn, now you pissed off another section, and it not just fighters or thieves, but mages along with the civilians and the guadians of the city... and now, they can see you. Awesome tactics, my ass. Your luck ran out.

Those Mages demanding that you have a license only show up if you cast spells outside. You fight the thieves inside a building. Summons are great for absorbing blows when needed and throwing off enemy spells.

Seriously though, you can kill off the whole thieves guild in vanilla BG2 while working for Bohdi. I've done this before and it's not that difficult.

Seriously though, you can kill off the whole thieves guild in vanilla BG2 while working for Bohdi. I've done this before and it's not that difficult.

But seriously, where was Bodhi at the moment ? Was she sending vampires to cover your back and help you... you didn't see them no, but guess what story-wise, you are just a lone figure in the fight, you can't see everything. Let alone take on everyone ... the game plot is good enough. To also hide from you the things you can't fight against while you walk your way to victory.

Also yes, you can go and make the instant loose states go away, but to what benefit are there really ?

There's even few mods that allow a 3rd way to the Spellhold, have you tried them ?

Do and make your own, and look at the example there in.

It doesn't matter whether the player survives the assault or not. It's a role playing game, and you just roleplayed yourself into a dead end.
It doesn't matter whether the player survives the assault or not. It's a role playing game, and you just roleplayed yourself into a dead end.

lol

He probably did this time, although I thought you couldn't. Bioware has a really bad record with player freedom.

Attack Gorion and he'll one hit you. Too bad he couldn't use anything more than Magic Missiles while Sarevok was slapping the him around. That's a great mage for you.

Attack Renal and divine punishment in the form of Arcanis Gath will be unleashed upon you. Later on when you meet him at the Docks, his godly rights been revoked for some reason, you redecorate the staircase with his innards.

Try to charge Irenicus right after the dungeon, he wiggles his finger and you learn the art of faceplanting. BUT if you have a chat with the crazies above, he'll be too busy cleaning snot and poo off to even think about that treacherous little gesture.

Etc. etc etc.

Bill probably found a rare case the devs forgot to put instant death in a deadend.

PS: I actually prefer freedom over the no-deadend-policy. I was delighted in IWD that I could kill Arundel in Kuldahar even though I knew that was nothing left to do afterwards. Things like these go a long way in making an immersive world.

Bill probably found a rare case the devs forgot to put instant death in a deadend.

No, the code is there. Shadow Thief is hostile -> light the Gath signal -> Arkanis shows up to force a reload. How one or more Shadow Thief turned hostile does not matter. If Bill were to examine his save carefully, he'd probably find it in some inconsistent state, like Gath's variable being set, but Gath himself being nowhere to be found.

Archived