Known Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes

Demivrgvs

level 2 druid spell 'fire trap' being doesn't work, too. It goes through the casting animation but nothing happens afterwards.
A wrong projectile file is assigned to the spell. :) I'll correct it immediately, a hotfix for that is a little more complicated...I either do it via .exe file or I just wait to release Item Revision and go back at SR and release a V3.
Guest Guest_BloodBeast_*

One of the little problems I noticed is that most of the magic scrolls are still using the vanilla descriptions.

However, They do offer the revised spell descriptions once I scribe them to my spell book.

One of the little problems I noticed is that most of the magic scrolls are still using the vanilla descriptions.

However, They do offer the revised spell descriptions once I scribe them to my spell book.

I suppose you're playing on Tutu, right? In that case it's my fault as Tutu items are named differently than "normal" BG, thus SR's scrolls aren't copied in Tutu. It's not a huge issue fortunately, as only SR's descriptions are lost, but I will correct it in V3.

If you have any other problem let me know, even if it's a small one I'll do my best to solve it.

Anyway IR release is really close (thanks to Mike's return) and then it shouldn't take me too long to solve the issues reported till now for SR v2. I also have some more improvements in mind and new features.

Hey, don't know if you have caught this one yet:

Multiple-shot projectile area of effect spells such as Ice Storm that modify the targets' movement speed do so with a flat point modifier. I.E. they apply a -5 penalty rather than setting movement to 50% with a percentage modifier. The results are spells that reduce movement when hit but, if a target is hit multiple times, will have their movement speed "wrap around" from zero and gain crazy increased movement speed akin to teleportation for the duration of the effect. Ice Storm is the only one I've tested explicitly, but Acid Fog and such may suffer from this bug as well.

Hey, don't know if you have caught this one yet:

Multiple-shot projectile area of effect spells such as Ice Storm that modify the targets' movement speed do so with a flat point modifier. I.E. they apply a -5 penalty rather than setting movement to 50% with a percentage modifier. The results are spells that reduce movement when hit but, if a target is hit multiple times, will have their movement speed "wrap around" from zero and gain crazy increased movement speed akin to teleportation for the duration of the effect. Ice Storm is the only one I've tested explicitly, but Acid Fog and such may suffer from this bug as well.

I don't have this problem, I've checked with NI and Ice Storm/Acid Fog do set movement rate to 50%, I haven't used flat point modifiers. I've also tested multiple Ice Storms in-game and everything works fine in my current install. Are you using SR V2? Have you installed any other mod which may have affected these spells?

As Item Revisions is finished and it's only waiting to be officially downloadable I now have the time (though not too much :) ) to work on SR. A properly V3 is still a little far, as I have too little material to justify a new version, but I've fixed the few issues reported and updated the hotfixes.

The new hotfixes include:

- Fire Trap: projectile assignement corrected

- Free Action: now fully protects from Grease

- Incendiary Cloud: blindness doesn't ignore magic resistance anymore

As always look in the first page for updated info/download links.

Magic stone bug

If cast any spells after hold magic stone, it disappeared.

You mean that casting a spell makes previously created bullets to disappear? I've tested Magical Stone again just to be sure, and it doesn't happen to me. I've tried pratically any possible thing to search for a bug but I've not been able to find any. Does anyone else using this spell had any issue?

I hope druid's shapeshifts upgrade in next version. Especially avenger's.
Not really a bug/issue eh? :) Anyway, I'm not sure SR should handle it, but I had plans to work on them for a possible Kit Revisions. I'll probably work on them sooner or later.

I'm not sure if the bugs I've noticed are caused by spell revision, but I'll post them anyways

A mage polymorphed into sword spider is not immue to web. Neither is air or fire elemental.

Bolt of glory does nothing against dargons. Are they suppose to be immue to lvl 5 spells or lower?

A mage polymorphed into sword spider is not immue to web. Neither is air or fire elemental.
I've fixed the spider bug, you can find the quickfix here, and it doesn't require a re-install.

Air and Fire Elementals aren't immune to webs.

Bolt of glory does nothing against dargons. Are they suppose to be immue to lvl 5 spells or lower?
Actually the description doesn't mention dragons been affected by it, and thus it's not a bug, but I may add it in the next version.

about web, it affects nishruus.

A more serious issue: holy word doesn't dispel a priest's own invisibility or sanctuary effects.

Its death effect is too powerful as well.

In soa only, a cleric that can reach level 21 under the cap is going to istakill groups of nasty opponents like beholders ( 9 hd ).

Its true power shows in the tob part of the game btw, when the cleric can reach level 40 in the first half of the game in a 2-3 men party, but even in a full party he's going to be scary at level 30.

Some random examples: Fire Giants are level 15-20, Hive Mothers and Elder Orbs level 20, many dragons are level 23, balors and pit fiends are level 24, they will all be istakilled by a tob cleric of the game ( some have 0 mr too ).

This spell already has the lowest possible casting time and a good range, what about add a save to spell ( even if at -6 ) to avoid the death effect, or the immunity to that for lvl 20+ opponents? ( *blushes* and I'd love a quickfix in order to keep playing with Anomen without nerfing myself :p )

Archived