IR V2 release

Demivrgvs

Belt of Inertial Barrier

Ok, let's make it so that slow effect also applies -1 to AC and THAC0, but should I allow it to stack with a Slow spell? I've also chosen (but it may be subject to change if needed) to let Inertial Barrier bypass magic resistance, as psionic abilities ignore magic resistance.

Cloak of Displacement

I don't know why it took me so much to discover how to make it as per AD&D PnP!

It creates a permanent "blur" effect in battle which grants +2 to AC, but the first physical attack in every encounter will miss the target (1 stoneskin/60 rounds). Because I like the details I've managed to make the cloak's effects dispellable via True Sight.

What do you think about it?

Flail of Ages

I'm adding saves to each head's ability, and I'd like to know your opinion about it.

Would you prefer them to share the same save? If yes which one?

Alternatively we can make something like:

- save vs. spell for the cold head

- save vs. breath for the fire head

- save vs. breath for the acid head

- save vs. poison for the poison head

- save vs. death or spell for the stun head

Currently I've in mind to set them at -2 penalty for the FoA +3, -3 penalty for the FoA +4, and -4 for the final upgrade.

Once decided it will take me a few minutes to implement it.

Belt of Inertial Barrier

Ok, let's make it so that slow effect also applies -1 to AC and THAC0, but should I allow it to stack with a Slow spell? I've also chosen (but it may be subject to change if needed) to let Inertial Barrier bypass magic resistance, as psionic abilities ignore magic resistance.

I had your same thought when I expressed my preference about it some posts above. :p

I would let the barrier's effect be stackable with the Slow spell as we are speaking here of two different sources (psionic and arcane) that have similar effects but that are not really the same.

Belt of Inertial Barrier

Cloak of Displacement

It creates a permanent "blur" effect in battle which grants +2 to AC, but the first physical attack in every encounter will miss the target (1 stoneskin/60 rounds)... What do you think about it?

Flail of Ages

Would you prefer them to share the same save? If yes which one?...

Currently I've in mind to set them at -2 penalty for the FoA +3, -3 penalty for the FoA +4, and -4 for the final upgrade.

BoIB, cool.

CoD cool, but I would put it to 1 stoneskin/15 rounds lasting for the 15 rounds(, alike I think you meant it).

FoA, different saves, also just to make sure you remember, make the +1 and +2's have only the 20% chance to use the effect...

And you could also make the save first +1(+1) then 0(+2), -1(+3), -2(+4) and finally -4 on the +5 version of the flail.

Cloak of Displacement

CoD cool, but I would put it to 1 stoneskin/15 rounds lasting for the 15 rounds(, alike I think you meant it).
50 rounds? :D 15 rounds would allow it to take place more than once per battle too often imo, while 1 hour (50 rounds, and 5 minutes of real time) should be enough to allow it to trigger only once for most battles and "recharge" fast enough for the next one.

Flail of Ages

FoA, different saves, also just to make sure you remember, make the +1 and +2's have only the 20% chance to use the effect...
Sure.
And you could also make the save first +1(+1) then 0(+2), -1(+3), -2(+4) and finally -4 on the +5 version of the flail.
Unnecessarily complicated imo, but I'll do it, though with save at 0 (for FoA+1) then -1 (+2), -2 (+3), -3 (+4) and finally -4 on the +5 version of the flail. :)

And now something completely different...some of you really don't like Belm's usability restrictions (and I accept that), but both it and Kundane are quite too powerful (every BG veteran should agree with it) and even easily available. Thus we've found a way to nerf them while retaining their uniqueness, and I'd like to know players opinions.

Belm

What about reducing the apr bonus from +1 to +1/2? In that cas I would allow all classes to use it, and I would also make it so that rangers may instead keep the full +1 apr (and perhaps druids too if anyone can convince me :p ).

Kundane

Same as above, its "advantages" over Belm would be being a better off hand weapon (if you install the respective IR's component) and a better backstabbing weapon (with the upcoming component). Anyway a small additional effect would probably be welcome. :)

Belm

What about reducing the apr bonus from +1 to +1/2? In that cas I would allow all classes to use it, and I would also make it so that rangers may instead keep the full +1 apr (and perhaps druids too if anyone can convince me wink.gif ).

Nerfing it to ½ apr bonus (1 apr for ranger) sounds good. As IR is hindering druids in other manners I don't think the full 1 apr bonus should apply for them, but only for rangers.

Regards

NO! DON'T DO IT!
Don't stoneskin the CoD! I personally can think of no uglier thing than a gray man walking on the screen. At the very least make it castable by the player's choice, not on it's own.

I'd rather keep the current version, perhaps only lowering the probability of the mirroring.

Belm +2

Nerfing it to ½ apr bonus (1 apr for ranger) sounds good. As IR is hindering druids in other manners I don't think the full 1 apr bonus should apply for them, but only for rangers.
Good, I'm quite sure I'll do it.

I'm not trying to hinder druids, I just added their PnP restrictions. I'd be glad to make something especially tailored for them too if I find any good idea. I have nothing against druids, actually I like that class quite much and I almost always have Jaheira in the party. If you have any suggestion just let me know. :)

Cloak of Displacement

NO! DON'T DO IT!
Don't stoneskin the CoD! I personally can think of no uglier thing than a gray man walking on the screen. At the very least make it castable by the player's choice, not on it's own.

I'd rather keep the current version, perhaps only lowering the probability of the mirroring.

Oh but you won't see a grey man because the blur effect seems to hide or prevent it pretty well. Trust me, not so long ago I discarded a parry ability made with the stoneskin effect exactly because of what you're afraid of. Both the blur and the stoneskin effect take place only in battle, and the blur effect wears off within a round since the end of the battle. You'll have very few chances to see "the grey man". :)

P.S Tyrael? Are you quoting the Archangel of Blizzard's Diablo?! :p

Well, I can't say I like the blur effect any more than SS, always used to strip the cloak of it. A misunderstanding on my part then as 'combat only' is reasonable. I somewhat thought it to be active all the day long.

Regarding the Inertial Barrier, perhaps it should provide a shortlasting immunity to clouds (stinking, kill and death fog, but not the fire one). By short I mean 2-3 rounds.

Yes, Diablo 2, the Act 3 starting movie.

Oh but you won't see a grey man because the blur effect seems to hide or prevent it pretty well.
Or if Mike could make an optional component that would remove all the glitter effects from all the items, it would be perfect.

:) It's just an idea.

For Kundane, if you are reducing it to ½ apr bonus, are you going to also have 1 apr for rangers (same as Belm), or would the 1 apr be for a different class (if at all)?

Belt of Inertial Barrier

Well, I can't say I like the blur effect any more than SS, always used to strip the cloak of it. A misunderstanding on my part then as 'combat only' is reasonable. I somewhat thought it to be active all the day long.
Yeah, I hated it too to have a permanently blurred character, but you may know by know that I quite like to do even small cosmetic improvements whenever it's possible. :)
Regarding the Inertial Barrier, perhaps it should provide a shortlasting immunity to clouds (stinking, kill and death fog, but not the fire one). By short I mean 2-3 rounds.
If I knew how to do it I would have already done it! Have you a possible solution in mind?

Kundane

I was thinking about allowing thieves a full +1apr with it, but I'd prefer to not make it just a copy of Belm actually, and Kundane will already be a better weapon for thieves for the two aforementioned advantages (off-hand thac0 and backstab penalties). The weapon is already quite powerful imo, but a small addition, possibly tailored for a rogue type of adventurer, may be welcome if you have any suggestion.

Have you a possible solution in mind?
Haven't tested it yet, but I think I do, without scripting and ids.

The belt would cast every round the cloudimm.spl upon the wearer, and a cloud, aside from it's natural effects, would also apply the immunity to cloudimm, but with the 2 round delay.

Archived