Just my humble opinion

DrAzTiK

J Beau,

if I ever had favoured a weapon type surely it wasn't intentional. I'd like to know which ones you think I have fovoured and which ones I left too unimproved. I can't do nothing about it if I don't know on what I should put more efforts.

Favored - 2 Handed Swords, Katanas

Unimproved - Staffs and I still think spears but I'll withhold that until I see what you have planned

I think that's pretty clear.

All I would like to see is one staff that can do at least a decent amount of damage as compared to other weapon types. Something you could obtain mid to late SOA.

I do think most of you understimate Martial Staff's effectiveness. Anyway, I'll see what I can do: Staff of Rynn is the best canditate to become quite an effective staff (I'll probably make its current ability affect only opponents), though improving it would also mean removing it from the easily accessible Ribald's store.

Speaking of the Staff of Striking, in its current version it recharges itself resting. Sorry for keeping it secret. :) Do you like the idea?

How does that work? How many charges does it have and what happens when it hits 0?

... Anyway, I'll see what I can do: Staff of Rynn is the best canditate to become quite an effective staff (I'll probably make its current ability affect only opponents), though improving it would also mean removing it from the easily accessible Ribald's store...

Please explain what "ability affect" that the Staff of Rynn has. Its description does not mention any. The only thing that stands out is that it has +4 Thac0. The only other significance is that it IS available for purchase at the start of the game if one wants to pay the price.

John

... Anyway, I'll see what I can do: Staff of Rynn is the best canditate to become quite an effective staff (I'll probably make its current ability affect only opponents), though improving it would also mean removing it from the easily accessible Ribald's store...

Please explain what "ability affect" that the Staff of Rynn has. Its description does not mention any. The only thing that stands out is that it has +4 Thac0. The only other significance is that it IS available for purchase at the start of the game if one wants to pay the price.

John

Sounds to me as if you don't have Item Revisions installed. With item revisions it is only a +3 staff, and has

the special ability 'last breath' -- when your hitpoints drop below 10% -- by the way, I would add change that

to 10% of your current maximum, because if you are wearing items or magically enhanced to have more

than your normal number of hit points, they count as well, don't they? -- an explosive burst of flame detonates causing 15D6 fire damage for all within 30 feet. Save at -4 for half.

I'm using it for whacking golems from the other side of a doorway, and for that task it works fine. I'd be

a bit frightened to use it as my main weapon, though. The last thing you need to do in a fight is blow

up that nice cleric who was coming over to heal you ....

Staff of Striking

It has 25 charges which are replenished resting, but I'm not sure I can make it so that it doesn't destroy itself when there are no charges...I fear it would allow the player to use it even without charges...I'll test it asap.

Staff of Rynn

I'm using it for whacking golems from the other side of a doorway, and for that task it works fine. I'd be a bit frightened to use it as my main weapon, though. The last thing you need to do in a fight is blow up that nice cleric who was coming over to heal you ....
Whacking golems from the other side of a doorway isn't fair. :p:) Anyway, Staff of Rynn maybe drastically changed for V2, we are currently trying to give it a quite special feature. :)
Sounds to me as if you don't have Item Revisions installed.

True. I assumed from the thread that staves had yet to be changed and couldn't figure out what special ability was involved :)

John

Archived