Why is it that the main component overwrites

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Thanks for the replies.

Demivrgvs, I know you haven't had much sleep recently, but could you perhaps expand on some of your responses?

I tend to play EasyTutu rather than BGT, so what will happen if I install IR on an EasyTutu install? Will the Shadow Armor and Boots of Stealth be exactly the same as they are in BG2? If so, I guess that's okay with me, even if the descriptions are exactly the same (although I would personally like to see something a little different, at least for one of the BG1 Boots of Stealth since they can be found quite close together).

Regarding the Shadow Armor "allows the casting of arcane spells while worn" part, I had indeed not installed "Spellcasting in Armor" or "Armor Encumbrance", which is why I think we really need something added to the statistics section that points this out.

And as to your "I'm not going to change that." bit, sorry, but I don't understand how that answers my question. Do you know if you only get the items when siding with the Shadow Thieves, or is it like Icendoan says? I'm not too familiar with the game so don't know the answer. Perhaps I should find a walkthrough and look there.

I tend to play EasyTutu rather than BGT, so what will happen if I install IR on an EasyTutu install?
IR currently is compatible with BGT, we are still planning to make it compatible with Tutu in future releases.

Regarding the Shadow Armor "allows the casting of arcane spells while worn" part, I had indeed not installed "Spellcasting in Armor" or "Armor Encumbrance", which is why I think we really need something added to the statistics section that points this out.
Sorry for not being more clear, I'll add something so that even those installing only the main component can understand the armor's special qualities without having to carefully read the background.

And as to your "I'm not going to change that." bit, sorry, but I don't understand how that answers my question. Do you know if you only get the items when siding with the Shadow Thieves, or is it like Icendoan says? I'm not too familiar with the game so don't know the answer. Perhaps I should find a walkthrough and look there.
You don't have to side with a particular faction to gain them, you have to complete Renald's quest, which can be done before joining any of the two factions.
Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad I'll be able to get the boots and armor regardless of which side I eventually choose.

For the time being, I'll hold off on starting a new game of EasyTutu.

Archived