Question about Xan romance

BurtieBee

So, Xan dumped me. <\3

I thought that maybe he'd have a change of heart sometime down the road, but he's been silent for a long time, so I got curious. Is the romance truly ended at that point? If so, is there a way to avoid the breakup that I missed? (I reloaded a bunch of times and cycled through all the options, but they all ended in the same place)

I cracked open the DLG file to see what I could find, and it seems the only options going forward were for full elves (though I could be wrong about this, I had NO idea what I was doing). Can the romance only be completed by elves?

My poor half-elf's broken heart would appreciate any clarity :-) Thanks!

Thanks guys! That link was really helpful. ...But it also raises a few more questions. Hope you guys don't mind. I'd do some googling, but this is my first playthrough, so I'm trying really hard to avoid spoilers.

I thought Xan wasn't in BG2? Or at least not for long. My husband told me he shows up in the beginning but never again. Is there a mod I need to download? Do all the romances from this mod carry over to 2? I just assumed it was self-containted, I suppose.

Archived