EET Compatibility for Kaeloree's abandoned mods

it was so long ago, but, AFAIR, only the end was... a joke ?

I kept enjoyable memories of the remaining of this mod (at least, the sphere was useful :) )

It starts harmless, with a couple of *normal* quests added to planar sphere but the final quest is setting the multiverse on fire, having 100 demons invade Athkatla, continue with killing the gods by the dozens, getting saved by the Lady of Pain jumping out of a box, and ending with around 1.5 million XPs (for each party member!!). Call it a joke...or hope you have a save before the madness starts.

It starts harmless, with a couple of *normal* quests added to planar sphere but the final quest is setting the multiverse on fire, having 100 demons invade Athkatla, continue with killing the gods by the dozens, getting saved by the Lady of Pain jumping out of a box, and ending with around 1.5 million XPs (for each party member!!). Call it a joke...or hope you have a save before the madness starts.

Well duh, it was MEANT as a shortcut of the Spellhold quest line, so you didn't need to do the after imoen release part, up until the fight at the elf city. Read the readme file if you failed to do so before you knew better.

Well duh, it was MEANT as a shortcut of the Spellhold quest line, so you didn't need to do the after imoen release part, up until the fight at the elf city. Read the readme file if you failed to do so before you knew better.

And because there is a Spellhold Gauntlet readme and there is a Planar Sphere readme we can just open any of them to get wiser and appear just more impressive...

I kept enjoyable memories of the remaining of this mod (at least, the sphere was useful :) )

I have done some finer research and come to this conclusion:

- the mod is long abandoned and its original authors have left

- the BGT version already was some *free* conversion

- the mod is full of overpowered items and spells, the final quest is...like described above.

- you could gain several hundredthousand XP from the mod

- the mod overwrites some area files

I will make a BG2EE/EET mod out of that material *Expanded Mage Stronghold* which will tune down/remove the overpowered contents, preserve the additional planar sphere quest and provide a more reasonable ending to the mod. This mod gives credit to the old *planar sphere mod* and preserves that part of the contents that fits well into the SoA part of the game.

Also, there is now permission to adopt the Adrian NPC for EET, so this is next on the list.

I will make a BG2EE/EET mod out of that material *Expanded Mage Stronghold* which will tune down/remove the overpowered contents, preserve the additional planar sphere quest and provide a more reasonable ending to the mod. This mod gives credit to the old *planar sphere mod* and preserves that part of the contents that fits well into the SoA part of the game.

This is a great news (at least for me :goodwork: )

Thank you

Archived