Sword Coast Stratagems v31 Now Available

If you're not on the EEs, ToBEx and the Fixpack should be a necessity, and there's probably some stuff you'd like in the Tweak Pack that you might consider a necessity if you used them (no jewelry/ammo stacking in vanilla BG makes me want to shoot myself), but besides that, not really. If you're on an EE game, then you do not need ToBEx or the Fixpack.

Edited by Bartimaeus
I have a small issue when I install SCS with the MnG bard overhaul for BG2EE through BWS. I get errors that state "unable to parse" or "failed to apply general-ai patch" along with an increased install time. From what I've read through various forums it could be the alterations being made to kitlist.2da, but I'm only grasping at straws. I also read one thread on the Beamdog forums with someone having similar issues. They reported it to have no real effect after a minor test with one of the affected units. I did not have this problem anymore when switching from the MnG bard revisions to RR. Not sure if this is the right place to post this stuff.

I have a small issue when I install SCS with the MnG bard overhaul for BG2EE through BWS. I get errors that state "unable to parse" or "failed to apply general-ai patch" along with an increased install time. From what I've read through various forums it could be the alterations being made to kitlist.2da, but I'm only grasping at straws. I also read one thread on the Beamdog forums with someone having similar issues. They reported it to have no real effect after a minor test with one of the affected units. I did not have this problem anymore when switching from the MnG bard revisions to RR. Not sure if this is the right place to post this stuff.

I think it's to do with the multiclass kit function, which adds stuff the CLABTH01.2da that SCS doesn't like. I thought it had been fixed on my end. But even if not, I think this has now been fixed on the SCS end. v32 should not be affected by this, and I'm pretty sure the master commit of v31 has code to avoid that sort of thing. (Click "clone or download" --> "download .zip") Use at your own risk since it is not a tested release, but this is the only available source AFAIK because the relevant code has not been folded into a new v31 release candidate (yet?). I've been using it and it seems fine.

BWS is using v31 at the moment. Also, I did try the SCS/MnG bard overhaul install with BGEE and got a different result. It still had the increased install time, but no errors. To clarify about install time, the SCS/RR bard install takes less than thirty minutes. The SCS/MnG bard install lasted maybe seven hours. Could I just copy my entire error free modded BG install folder as backup? That way I don't have to constantly download/install previous setups over again.

To clarify about install time, the SCS/RR bard install takes less than thirty minutes.

Yup, this is normal behavior. SCS 31 and earlier take a very long time on installs with a lot of kits and a lot of complicated kit abilities. v32 will improve that, and the unreleased master commit of v31 already does.

As for BWS, can't help you there. Maybe don't install SCS and later mods in BWS? Just install everything up to SCS, and then do SCS/aTweaks/etc. manually.

so with v32 being released next. I wanted to know how different will the challenge be with the new difficulty slider implemented in v32 and other features. I want to have a real hard core challenge experience, is it better I wait for v32 for that request or can I achieve such an experience with v31 already?

I'm pretty sure Improved Shapeshifting works just fine in the EEs.

The bug the component was originally designed to get around has been fixed, but some players like it on its own merits, not just to get around that bug. (I still say the name should be changed though - "Improved Shapeshifting" comes across as both uninformative and somewhat arrogant, which is a bad combination. I also think it goes a bit too far - there dould be some kind of minor opportunity cost for shapeshifting, even if it's only a second or so. But that's only my subjective preference.)

Edited by subtledoctor