Battlerager bug?

Guest v4lder

Somehow when I want choose the battlerager kit for dwarf the wording change into "sendai's potion" in the selection screen and the description page says shockwave.

Is this bug because of others mod that I install?

These are all the mod I install in order:

1. G3 fixpack

2. Ascension weidu

3. NPCkitpack

4. Romantic Encounter

5. G3 tweakpack

Somehow when I want choose the battlerager kit for dwarf the wording change into "sendai's potion" in the selection screen and the description page says shockwave.

Is this bug because of others mod that I install?

These are all the mod I install in order:

1. G3 fixpack

2. Ascension weidu

3. NPCkitpack

4. Romantic Encounter

5. G3 tweakpack

Well, there are few things that might have broken your dialog.tlk, from which the descriptions are all read.

1. Did you have new install? Clean full install that's patched to the v(2.5.)26498 without any other none WeiDU mods...

2. Did you uninstall/reinstall to update some mod? One shouldn't do that, if anything just overwrite the game files and live without the new descriptions, unless the mod is officially updated so it's a patch, not the full mod, which none of the above have been.

3. You did start a new game after you installed the mods, right?

4. The Ascension-WeiDU mod still overwrites few game files, so today it's recommended to install the Ascension component from BPv179 that just came out... but that shouldn't be the problem as you installed the NPC Kitpack after the Ascension mod.

And if you still have no clue how this could happen, the WeiDU.log(open with Notepad) is the file the WeiDU-mods use to keep record what's installed.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Yeah I think I will reinstall the game again and this time only install the fix, tweak and npc kit pack from G3. I hope there will be no problem this time.

I wish the G3 team can put the ascension component (especially the slayer bonus skill and the new epilogue) into the G3 fixpack/tweakpack.

Thank you for help. :)

Installation problem Refinements mod with new NPC Kitpack.

ERROR Installing the `Revised High Level Abilities' component, rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 587 files for [sETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2] component 10.
Uninstalled 587 files for [sETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2] component 10.
ERROR: Failure("Unknown kit: IK_BATTLERAGER")

With the old version of the mod was no such problem.

I found out the cause for this problem:
In v3 the tp2 had the lines:

READ_2DA_ENTRY row 23                      (23 + "%IK_EDWIN_KIT%") "conj"
    SET_2DA_ENTRY  row (22 + "%IK_EDWIN_KIT%") (23 + "%IK_EDWIN_KIT%") ~%conj%~

In v4 those lines were changed into:

READ_2DA_ENTRY row 23                      (22 + "%IK_EDWIN_KIT%") "conj"
    SET_2DA_ENTRY  row (21 + "%IK_EDWIN_KIT%") (22 + "%IK_EDWIN_KIT%") ~%conj%~

As a result of this, in the weapprof.2da the column IK_BATTLERAGER is replaced by another column. I have changed this back to the former code and now Refinements installs faultless.

Also in the file adventurer.tpa there are the lines:

READ_2DA_ENTRY row 7                        (22 + "%IK_ADVENTURER%") "conj"
    SET_2DA_ENTRY  row (21 + "%IK_ADVENTURER%") (22 + "%IK_ADVENTURER%") ~%conj%~

This causes that the row IK_TRUESWORD is replaced and Refinements fails with the same error as above. I have changed this into:

READ_2DA_ENTRY row 7                        (23 + "%IK_ADVENTURER%") "conj"
    SET_2DA_ENTRY  row (22 + "%IK_ADVENTURER%") (23 + "%IK_ADVENTURER%") ~%conj%~

and now Refinements installs faultless.