Kit Revisions (Fighters)

Demivrgvs

If his honor (reputation) falls below 6, he loses his kensai status, becoming a bushi (fighter) of the same level. He loses all kensai abilities gained to that point, and thereafter advances as a fighter...

A Kensai is a fighter kit... so this part is BS.

Why is this part BS?

While I appreciate a kensai is a fighter kit, I mentioned earlier I was using the OA 1st ed as a reference

Should I assume you stopped reading the post after that part, or do you find it to be balanced otherwise?

Why is this part BS?

Well, the part that you know, the fighters don't have honor vows and so forth, just look out the Berserker, and the game has no such mechanism for them. You have to make it a Paladin kit or a Ranger kit, and then you have the minimum reputation limits of 6 & 8 or some such, forgot the exact ones, and then they become modified fighters that loose their original kits, but have the replacement(that is not much featured in the game, but anyone can edit it, and has been by a few mods.

The game used a second edition AD&D rules as a principle guide in creation of the rule system, but it's still more of a real time strategy game than any PnP AD&D game, simply because of the fact that its rules are based on the fact that the engine uses 15 ticks per second, and 6 of those seconds(in game play time) as the base rule for rounds(~3 minutes in game world time) and ten of those as a turn.

Thus scrap it and return to the drawing board?

As a fighter kit, well, yes, at least in KR.

There is the not-KR related Morituri kit that is very much like the one you set that to be.

Of course I won't disencourage you from releasing a mod of your own that features what ever kind of kit you wish.

Kensai/Weapon Master

Almost nothing has changed here, though I've altered its base +2 AC bonus to make it work only against melee attacks, to stress the concept that ranged combat is one of his worst weaknesses, and that such AC bonus is a parry-like effect, not an armor-like one.

Arda suggests to make this kit immune to fear as per PnP, but I'll let him convince you because I'm not. biggrin.png

I support the idea of fear immunity...

Kensai

DEATHBLOW: When this ability is activated, for one round, the warrior takes a -4 penalty to attack rolls as she searches for the perfect opening. The first successful melee attack made in the round will instantly slay any creature who fails a save vs. death.

Now that v2.0 will include all of the IWDEE op codes would it be worth while exploring some sort of critical hit effect (341) that was triggered with each critical hit, instead of choosing when it's active? Perhaps adding a slightly more random component to this? For example 10% chancing of killing any creature who fails a save vs death each time a critical hit is scored.

It might be also worth noting that the v2.0 patch that comes with the new class that has the druids item usability and the use of axes, and druids that are restricted from using those... thus the usability exclusion flags can be a bit more particular ... which in turn makes:

Disadvantages: ...

- May not wear any armor.

- May not use missile weapons.

- May not wear gauntlets or bracers.

Those a little over restrictive ... maybe, there might be a little something to think about.

Wizard Slayer Disruptive Strike

Hi Demi,

Seeing as you are becoming more active again, I would like to reiterate a point that I made back in 2015 :p

I love the concept of the Wizard Slayer, but in its' current incarnation it is simply way too powerful.

Disruptive Strike lasts for 3 rounds and each succesful hit removes one combat protection. Let's say that you dual wield and have 4 apr. That's 4 protections removed against a mage in just one round. Next round you use Whirlwind and completely murder any mage in the game.

As you did with Carsomyr, I think Disruptive Strike needs to allow for a save (at an increasing penalty?) and maybe even have it's duration shortened (2 rounds perhaps?). Being able to cut through combat protections is very cool, but three rounds of no-save combat protection removals equals a dead mage with certainty.

WS is good vs mages as he should be. T-up for 2-round duration on DS however. Or, we could make him limited in what he can remove at which level. Or, Demi can make PfMW protect from normal weapons as well, so WS won't break PfMW with non-enchanted weapons.

Btw, @Demi - with EE goodies, we can make a *fun* little berserker..... :7up:

Seeing as you are becoming more active again

I am, even more than it seems right now. ;)

Wizard Slayer

I love the concept of the Wizard Slayer, but in its' current incarnation it is simply way too powerful.

Disruptive Strike lasts for 3 rounds and each succesful hit removes one combat protection. Let's say that you dual wield and have 4 apr. That's 4 protections removed against a mage in just one round. Next round you use Whirlwind and completely murder any mage in the game.

I'm quite fine adding a save on it...especially because I was daring to suggest one thing that I could do now (EE-only though), make Disruptive Strike bypass PfMW. :saiyan:

PfMW protect from normal weapons as well, so WS won't break PfMW with non-enchanted weapons.

What if I told you...I already did. :devlook:

Berserker

Btw, @Demi - with EE goodies, we can make a *fun* little berserker..... :7up:

You seriously think I haven't already thought about that? I just stayed quiet to not open that Pandora's Box again. :rotflmao:

PfMW protect from normal weapons as well, so WS won't break PfMW with non-enchanted weapons.

What if I told you...I already did. :devlook:

Great! Now I'll make a mod that removes Magic Golems from the game and one can throw away silly non-enchanted wepons for good! :D

Archived