In need of some help

c1a1

So I have BGT and The Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack installed and I encountered an unexpected (by me) thing, after finishing BG1 and transiting (via the ducal palace) to BG2 SoA, I'm getting BG1 experience for reading scrolls and disarming traps and opening locks, and that's frustrating cause experince points in BG2 for the a.m. was 100 times greater (1000 xp for 1st level mage scroll as compared to 10 xp for same scroll in BG1 and now also in SoA). I've even started a new game with a fresh caracter in BG2 but with the same results.

I'm pretty much sure that it's something from the tweak pack but I have no idea what.

Any help?

BGT uses the same file for XP bonus in both games (BG1 and BG2).

You might want to use alternative tables which provide a more "fluid" XP bonus overall.

There's one in aTweaks mod and you've got one in Turambar Fixes/Tweaks mod. aTweaks one is imo better for BG1, while Turambar is better suited for BG2.

The alternative is to restore the original BG2 bonus (BGT Tweaks mod has that), but this would affect BG1 portion of the game as well.

The rule changes you installed to the game are for the whole game, not just a part of it. Weidu.log's content... open the file with Notepad and copy paste the content to a post.

Now, theoretically, you could just fix this by going to the override folder and removing the xpbonus.2da file from it, but if you have installed other mods, then it might not be as easy as that.

Archived