[ignore] GemRB port to Ipad

Guest vemikainen

My former post was anti-Apple flaming.

Even if GemRB were allowed in spite of the scripting and GPL, you still need to write a game (Atari won't license you the BG2 content) *and* eradicate with the patented bits of the engine (FMV format, ACM format, D&D rules, and probably something else).

I doubt that GemRB will even be added to the Android, Maemo, Simbian... app markets as well, but at least in those cases you don't have to invalidate your warranty (and possibly break laws) to install GemRB yourself.

My former post was anti-Apple flaming.

Even if GemRB were allowed in spite of the scripting and GPL, you still need to write a game (Atari won't license you the BG2 content) *and* eradicate with the patented bits of the engine (FMV format, ACM format, D&D rules, and probably something else).

I doubt that GemRB will even be added to the Android, Maemo, Simbian... app markets as well, but at least in those cases you don't have to invalidate your warranty (and possibly break laws) to install GemRB yourself.

yes, that is, of course, main issue, not apple policy

apps requiring any feature resulting form jailbreaking are not allowed on app store

Guest Bumbaka

So much time went since the video was uploaded, and what do we see now?No new videos, no feedback, no alpha preview versions, no progress... At his youtube page there are more "ported" games, but no release, why you need to port another game if you didnt finished with first one? Smells like a fake IMHO...

BG2 is aimed at intelligent people who can think critically with their head, unlike iOs devices. That seals the deal on whether spending time on that platform is a good idea.

what does device have to do with intelligence ??!

that is so stupid that it is actually hard to imagine to come up with something like that

BG2 is aimed at intelligent people who can think critically with their head, unlike iOs devices. That seals the deal on whether spending time on that platform is a good idea.

what does device have to do with intelligence ??!

that is so stupid that it is actually hard to imagine to come up with something like that

Maybe he thinks wii owners are intelligent playing Mario party and sports on it.

Don't be too upset by the Bigg :) He doesn't even consider himself intelligent enough to work with GemRB :laugh:

See: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...mp;#entry175810

Weird reply. What I meant to say was maybe he thinks wii owners are intelligent enough for it not ipad owners. Cause it takes such a big brain to play Mario parry and wii sports.

Guest Bumbaka
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/18/onlive-m...ew/#commentform

This service should be imported to the iPad, than maybe Steve jobs will have some interesting games to show off on the iPad instead of just a bunch of iPhone ports not taking any advantage of the bigger screen, heck we could play baldurs gate with that since it probably contains it.

It is possible to run onLive on Iphone and Ipad, but no method was released) And the main problem of onLive, that you only must play games that they have on server...

Guest vemikainen
Can we hope for a release of GemRB for ipad before year end? Would be a nice Christmas gift ...

It seems like things become better since 3.2. IOS 4.2.1 turns on virtual memory by default thus BG1 and BG2 doesn't crashes anymore due to low memory. Once untethered jailbreak is out - which is supposedly will be on Christmas, and I'm back from vacations (early January) the release should be done. I still want to play with sound to see how it works.

Currently i have 0.6.2 working, but I guess I will update it to 0.6.3 for the best experience.

I guess you can get ready big dialog fonts and Widescreen mod your BG1 installations to 1024x768 to enjoy the game on IPAD

Can we hope for a release of GemRB for ipad before year end? Would be a nice Christmas gift ...

It seems like things become better since 3.2. IOS 4.2.1 turns on virtual memory by default thus BG1 and BG2 doesn't crashes anymore due to low memory. Once untethered jailbreak is out - which is supposedly will be on Christmas, and I'm back from vacations (early January) the release should be done. I still want to play with sound to see how it works.

Currently i have 0.6.2 working, but I guess I will update it to 0.6.3 for the best experience.

I guess you can get ready big dialog fonts and Widescreen mod your BG1 installations to 1024x768 to enjoy the game on IPAD

Can't wait! Enjoy your holiday!

Guest Guest_Bsauvage_*

Can't wait! Enjoy your holiday!

Greenp0ison is out to jailbreak ios 3.2.1 untethered on iPad!!!!

I hope the ski vacation was good. Do you think we could expect a release soon?

Can't wait !!!!!

Archived