Installing EET

subtledoctor

EET uses different filenames for BG1 resources and uses a continuous chapter numbering system throughout the trilogy so all global chapter checks need to be adjusted.

Any BG1 mod can be converted so it can be installed after EET. No one has done the work yet for BG1NPC. We have already done it for various other BG1 mods though. Drizzt Saga for example. Eventually all EET mods will be installable after EET, ideally.

EET uses different filenames for BG1 resources and uses a continuous chapter numbering system throughout the trilogy so all global chapter checks need to be adjusted.

Any BG1 mod can be converted so it can be installed after EET. No one has done the work yet for BG1NPC. We have already done it for various other BG1 mods though. Drizzt Saga for example. Eventually all EET mods will be installable after EET, ideally.

BG1NPC is an actively maintained mod, thus it is left to the modders there of how they want to provide EET compatibility. The difference to e.g. Drizzt Saga (no longer maintained) however is the fact that BG1NPC deeply mods the scripts and dialogues of the vanilla BG1 cast. Fact is that also other mods add their stuff to the BG1 vanilla cast. The same characters later appear as well in BG2/ToB with a different set of files assigned. EET merges all of this by appending the modded BG1 files to the vanilla BG2 files which then again are subject to modding by BG2 mods.

A mod like Drizzt/TDD etc only needs the adjustment of some references (e.g. area codes, chapters, map entries) to convert to EET, since the rest of it is largely self-contained.

While a long dormant mod like TDD has been made useable for EET by TDDz, this cannot be done with an active mod like BG1NPCs. It seems that the problem with memory during EET_core has not been an issue prior to BWS, at least I have seen no such reports and I never had one in my own manual EET installs.

Another issue is that mods like BG1NPC want to stay compatible with all possible BG installations, i.e. BG1, BGEE, BGT and EET, so it must be useable by without BG2-part.

Eventually all EET mods will be installable after EET, ideally.

Basically EET so far foresees both possibilities and you can install *pure* BG1 mods on the BGEE part and then import them without issues. BG1NPCs is the one *difficult* mod here, as it is BG1 by contents but those NPCs it affects are continuous for the whole game.

Archived