Version 10 of the Icewind Dale Tweak Pack Now Available

CamDawg

The Icewind Dale Tweak Pack brings many of the tweaks from BG2 Tweak Pack to Icewind Dale. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Version 9 expands the Assorted Fixes component to fix more bugs in the game.

Relevant links:

Changelog for v9:

• Added coverage for the Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale mod items
  • Expanded Assorted Fixes:
    • An orc elite and neo orog were spawning to the same coordinates in Dorn's Deep, preventing either from moving
    • Neo orog generals were erroneously setting a variable that indicated Krilag was dead; this would cause Saablic Tan's dialogue to go wonky
    • Fixed grouping issues in Lower Dorn's Deep; notably gnomes near the tower in Lower Dorn's Deep would go hostile as they were erroneously grouped with some salamanders
    • Party now faces the right direction when entering Custhantos' library from the lower level
    • Party now uses the correct entrance point when entering Wyrm's Tooth from the world map
    • In the perseverance test in Trials of the Luremaster, the Luremaster would start his congratulations dialogue immediately after issuing the challenge because the monsters weren't spawning fast enough
    • Mytos can no longer be exploited for infinite experience
    • Brother Perdiem no longer gives his full spiel every time you speak to him after freeing him
    • Yxonemei will now properly target Cloudkill on an enemy rather than herself
    • Villagers in the first level of Dragon's Eye were not always leaving as they should after they were freed
    • Shadowed Orc Shamen would occassionally heal the party instead of their allies
    • The scripts to open the portal in the jackal caverns in TotL were flaky and could cause the cutscene to hang

[*]Dropped two fixes from Assorted Fixes as they were pointless

Bandoth's advice for the puzzle room was also never available due to some bad variable chacks and weightings.

This is not exactly true. In order to get him to talk about it, you need to get the Kalabac journal from the orog lair.

Bandoth's advice for the puzzle room was also never available due to some bad variable checks and weightings.

This is not exactly true. In order to get him to talk about it, you need to get the Kalabac journal from the orog lair.

Yeah, my mistake. First I fixed the variables for the quest in a previous version; with the variables fixed this is never available. So then I had to reweight his dialogue so that you could still ask him about it.

My, my, you've been a busy boy... Not only have you provided an updated fixpack/tweakpack for IWD1, you've even made a new mod for an excellent but oft-overlooked game. :)

(Shamelessly begs for :D finishing BG1 tweakpack so I can check out your IWD1 mod. :) if it makes you feel better...)

I don't know if you've noticed but there is an DLG file which is I think unused where you could provoke Presio in coming at the bridge for a duel. I can't figure out what to make of it.

Which one is this?

(Shamelessly begs for :D finishing BG1 tweakpack so I can check out your IWD1 mod. :) if it makes you feel better...)

Am I holding up the show again? Sorry. :)

Btw, did you also fixed the paperdolls for Human Thief/Rogue? Or is it restricted to my fixpack for now? :)

What's the issue?

In other news, the groups in LDD are still wonky. I moved the salamanders and sentries from group 1 to group 2, so they wouldn't cause the gnomes near the tower to go hostile. However, group 2 is used by Seth and the hidden thieves, so it's not much better.

Norl's dialogue has an error in state 4; the question about his legs should take you to state 3 instead of 2.

And now it's version 10. Changelog:

• Expanded Assorted Fixes:
    • If you save Guello and then go straight to the gnome hideout to speak with him there, his copy in Shikata's area will never disappear
    • Brother Harken will no longer float his random messages--this was a leftover from the cut Voice of Durden Anatha quest
    • In HoW, a variable for Guello being saved was not being set if you left the area via the Order of he Kraken garden
    • Area script in Dorn's Deep circle of runes had a block that would block the remainder of the script from execution
    • In one branch of Norl's dialogue, asking him about his legs was taking you to the wrong response

[*]The fix for the Lower Dorn's Deep grouping issues was causing a new bug instead; it really should be fixed now

not sure if this the right place for this, in Totl in the dungeon with the undead you get to fight lots of wigths that although graphicaly look like cold,imbued and normal ones they all act as normal ones.Is there some kind of script mix up?

Archived