Unfinished Business v5 in the works

CamDawg

I'm currently working on version 5. I've got the Voice quest recoded (he now wanders per JE Sawyer) and working well. Next up is to check out the old (very old, sorry) bug reports for Presio's duel and expanded Marketh. Once I've got it in good enough shape for IWD I'll be adding compatibility for IWD-in-BG2.

So far, no new strings, and I don't see any new ones in the work yet to be done.

I'm debating whether or not to write some dialogue for the Contact Other Plan spell, as the spirits have absolutely nothing to say regarding TotLM events. It's really not UB, though, and I may just throw it in Tweaks.

So far, no new strings, and I don't see any new ones in the work yet to be done.

I'm debating whether or not to write some dialogue for the Contact Other Plan spell, as the spirits have absolutely nothing to say regarding TotLM events. It's really not UB, though, and I may just throw it in Tweaks.

It's good idea about TotL ???

Malavon and his golems have been tweaked slightly. The big issue here seems to be that most folks were missing the opportunity to use the command words with the golems, so I've added a few more reply options to make it harder to miss.

Guest icwdmaniac

great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you by any chance aslo doing any more bugfixing and tweeking? (hope you do)

if I recal correctly there are still a couple of bugs in the game

like the female paperdoll bug, creatures not having an allingment assinged,wights in dungeon in tales of luremaster mixup (normal ones with the models of cold imbued ones shown?/or cold and imbued ones using normal ones stats?)

you mignt also want to check both grogs and firedrakes fix packs txt for any other things (they have some bug fixing in them that might be worth adding)

and how about making a tweek to activate all the monsters found in insane difficulty in normal aswell (but with normal stats and xp)

oh there is also a chapter missing now isn't it? something about a drow city.... ???

ahem!!! - got carried away a bit- but that would have been AWSOME

anyway

great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you by any chance aslo doing any more bugfixing and tweeking? (hope you do)

if I recal correctly there are still a couple of bugs in the game

like the female paperdoll bug, creatures not having an allingment assinged,wights in dungeon in tales of luremaster mixup (normal ones with the models of cold imbued ones shown?/or cold and imbued ones using normal ones stats?)

you mignt also want to check both grogs and firedrakes fix packs txt for any other things (they have some bug fixing in them that might be worth adding)

and how about making a tweek to activate all the monsters found in insane difficulty in normal aswell (but with normal stats and xp)

oh there is also a chapter missing now isn't it? something about a drow city.... ???

ahem!!! - got carried away a bit- but that would have been AWSOME

anyway

If you've got bug reports, yeah, send them along.

Hi. Here is a small bug that I've noticed. Once you have killed Lysan (the Auril priest in the Vale), you can ask her items at the Kuldahar tavern. Your journal is updated, but the entry is the same text as if you had just gotten into a fight with Lysan ("... and she attacked us.").

Marketh's stuff has been reviewed. When Ginafae is in the process of swapping Marketh's ring you now have sensible reply options for her. Also closed a dialogue hole where you could reset (and therefore break) the quest.

I've also shortened the time it takes Norl to make the copy from one day to eight hours.

Guest Tantris

Sorry if it is a lame question but where can I find Malavon's Book of Golem Building?

I've played through IWD UB and I didn't found anything...

Thx for the help!

*pokes*

I've encountered an installation error on component 400 of UB.

Below is the debug error and the weidu log.

[spoiler]
Installing [Presio's Duel] [v5]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Games\Black Isle\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/AR4003.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Games\Black Isle\Icewind Dale\CD2\/DATA/AR4003.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\/DATA/AR4003.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Games\Black Isle\Icewind Dale\/DATA/AR4003.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AR4003.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Games\Black Isle\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/AR4003.cbf]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Games\Black Isle\Icewind Dale\CD2\/DATA/AR4003.cbf]
[C:\Games\Black Isle\Icewind Dale\CD2\/DATA/AR4003.cbf] decompressed bif file 14565249 bytes
[./cache/DATA/AR4003.BIF] 14565249 bytes, 7 files, 1 tilesets
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copied [ar4003.ini] to [override/ar4003.ini]
Compiling 1 dialogue file and 3 scripts ...
[./override/CLASS.IDS] loaded, 1289 bytes

[ub_iwd/baf/cd4003tp.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 59 column 1-30
Near Text: )
unknown object CLASS specifier [DRUID_ALL]

[ub_iwd/baf/cd4003tp.baf]  ERROR at line 59 column 1-30
Near Text: )
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [ub_iwd/baf/cd4003tp.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [ub_iwd/baf/cd4003tp.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [ub_iwd/baf/cd4003tp.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Presio's Duel], rolling back to previous state
[ub_iwd/backup/400/UNSETSTR.400] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   1 files for [uB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2] component 400.
Uninstalled      1 files for [uB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2] component 400.
Unable to Unlink [ub_iwd/backup/400/READLN.400]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "ub_iwd/backup/400/READLN.400")
Unable to Unlink [ub_iwd/backup/400/READLN.400.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "ub_iwd/backup/400/READLN.400.TEXT")
IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2  0  0 Installed 
IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2  0 100 Installed 
IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2  0  0 Installed 
IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2  0  1 Installed 
IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2  0  3 Installed 
IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2  0  7 Installed 
SETUP-AB.TP2  0  0 Installed 
SETUP-AB.TP2  0  1 Installed 
SETUP-AB.TP2  0  2 Installed 
SETUP-AB.TP2  0  3 Installed 
UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2  0 100 Installed ~Malavon's Golems~
UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2  0 200 Installed ~Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest~
UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2  0 300 Installed ~Marketh's Ring~
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE email the file SETUP-UB_IWD.DEBUG to webmaster@gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Presio's Duel] because of error.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assorted Fixes: v1
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Game Text Update: v1
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD NPC, v2
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate class for Korin - multiclass cleric/ranger
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // Alternate class for Nella -> Nella, multiclass fighter/druid
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Alternate class for Teri -> Teri, multiclass fighter/thief/mage
~SETUP-AB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auril's Bane Core Files
~SETUP-AB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Icewind Dale No-End Patch
~SETUP-AB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Heart of Winter No-End Patch
~SETUP-AB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Grog's IWD Fixes
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v5
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v5
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v5
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v5
~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale: v3
~IMPROVEDBAMS/IMPROVEDBAMS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Inventory BAMs
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Icon Improvements: v12
~SETUP-AB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Level 40 Rules Pack
~SETUP-P3ECP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 3E Racial Ability Score Bonuses & Penalties
~SETUP-P3ECP.TP2~ #0 #2 // 3E Alignment Restrictions for: Rangers, Bards, and Druids
~SETUP-P3ECP.TP2~ #0 #3 // 3E Stat Based Class Restrictions
~SETUP-P3ECP.TP2~ #0 #4 // [some] 3E Stat Bonuses and Penalties
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer): v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v12
~SETUP-P3ECP.TP2~ #0 #8 // 3E HP progression
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: v12
~SETUP-AB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Grog's Alternate Opposition Schools
~SETUP-AB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Grog's Druid Tweaks
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dualclass Clerics and Druids: v12
~SETUP-P3ECP.TP2~ #0 #6 // 3E Bonus Spells for Mages & Bards
~SETUP-P3ECP.TP2~ #0 #9 // 3E Sytle Healing Spells
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Alter Priest Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v12
~SETUP-AB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Harder Yxunomei
~SETUP-P3ECP.TP2~ #0 #1 // 3E Starting Gold Calculations
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Add Bags of Holding: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Gems and Potions Require Identification: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Universal Clubs: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2061 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre): v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v12
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus): v12
~FULLPLATE/SETUP-FULLPLATE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Full Plate And Packing Steel: Between You And Harm (alternate armour system): v2
~FULLPLATE/SETUP-FULLPLATE.TP2~ #0 #102 // Full Plate And Packing Steel: Field Improvisation (convenience tweak, remove restrictions on combining protective items): v2
~FULLPLATE/SETUP-FULLPLATE.TP2~ #0 #204 // Full Plate And Packing Steel: Little He Knows Where a Foe May Lurk (everyone can backstab at x2, thieves/assassins do better): v2
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02
~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2
[/spoiler]

Do note that component 400 does function correctly if it is put before Auril's Bane and Icewind Dale NPCs.

Archived