Divine spells bug

9 replies to this topic

#1 Oracle

Oracle

Bad doggie werewolf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hi there when I loaded the divine spells part of this mod I got this error when loding for my copy of BGII

ERROR: Failure("resource [%IWD_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND_RES%.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

I really like the mod and its great to see the spells IWD in the game it makes certain schools feel more balnced thank you. I look forward to seeing the divine spells soon.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6363 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

Hi there when I loaded the divine spells part of this mod I got this error when loding for my copy of BGII
ERROR: Failure("resource [%IWD_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND_RES%.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

Erhm, what Operation System are you under ? And post the entire setup-*modname*.debug files content in a post... thanks.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 Oracle

Oracle

Bad doggie werewolf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Sorry for the lack of infomation , stupid newbie mistake Iam using windows verison, I tried to re-install it again and this is the Debug from there I know there could be some spell duplications form the spell pack which I didnt have in the first install .
Sorry for the mistake I hope it can be some help

Spoiler

Edited by CamDawg, 07 August 2013 - 10:17 AM.
wrapped debug in spoiler tag to keep the thread readable

#4 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9371 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

This is really odd. The variable IWD_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND_RES gets set when the Impervious Sanctity spell is added, and is actually used in the install process long before the point your install craps out.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#5 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1098 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

Actually,

Couldn't add IWD_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND to spell.ids as no slots remain

Edited by Wisp, 29 July 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#6 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9371 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

Actually,

Couldn't add IWD_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND to spell.ids as no slots remain

Well, that's what I get for skimming. I'll add proper checks that the spell has actually been added.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6363 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Actually,

Yeah, there's a few others there too, erhm, what's the max, 255 ?

@CamDawg, this: [*.IDS] forgotten : Is part of the many of the outputs, it's part of the custom output you put in, correct ?
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#8 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1098 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Less than 50.

@CamDawg, this: [*.IDS] forgotten : Is part of the many of the outputs, it's part of the custom output you put in, correct ?

That's from CLEAR_IDS_MAP, used internally by ADD_SPELL.

#9 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberling Poobah
  • 2392 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Less than 50.

Any bugs in ADD_SPELL.tpa file are probably my fault. I wrote an update so it would also allow placement in slots not yet filled in the 51-99 range, since ToBex can increase the limit above 50, but I haven't gotten around to testing it yet.

#10 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9371 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

The installation for both the arcane and divine spells will degrade gracefully if the spell, for whatever reason, doesn't actually get installed. Updated for Beta 2.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users